CFZ You know what annoys me about our FO?

CCBoy

Reaction score
I've been watching the cowboys since 1965, I've seen trades good and bad, teams building with good drafts trades, like for years the Arizona Cardinals in 80, 90s didn't care, I've seen ruthless gm's cut players etc. I've seen it all, I've even helped the cowboys win games, one of my good friends a top broadcaster, knows me well, the Dallas cowboys have said they are well aware of who I am. I've even talked to gil Brandt, tex schramn, John Wooten all pro og later worked for the cowboys, I've even talked to Jerry Jones, I know what I see
That would mean you have good aquaintances. That group is impressive. I met Bob Lilly at a restaurant in Dallas and again here in Corpus Christi. I met Cowboy players for about 4 years for an annual basketball game played for relief aide here in Corpus. About 40 players over those years. I was given a Dallas jacket by Calvin Hill. Randy White made annual journies here to present youth camps. He was very friendly always. I got to meet Bill Parcells and players in the Grand Hyatt where my wife and I stayed while the Cowboys were there for training camp. Cowboy players were always accessible from my interactions. Friendly as well.

The team is a welcome part of most Cowboy fans.

CCBoy

Reaction score
That would mean you have good aquaintances. That group is impressive. I met Bob Lilly at a restaurant in Dallas and again here in Corpus Christi. I met Cowboy players for about 4 years for an annual basketball game played for relief aide here in Corpus. About 40 players over those years. I was given a Dallas jacket by Calvin Hill. Randy White made annual journies here to present youth camps. He was very friendly always. I got to meet Bill Parcells and players in the Grand Hyatt where my wife and I stayed while the Cowboys were there for training camp. Cowboy players were always accessible from my interactions. Friendly as well.

Pick a conversation with Ranching. He has been interacting well over 20 years on a personal basis and rubbing shoulders with many professionals. He was in coaching and has an impressive background with interactions both public and private around the state. Really nice.

Gus, Ranching, was dining with Randy White when he opened up and bragged about marrying a fine lady from San Antonio, and he commented that she kept his home straight, cooked all his meals, and kept his clothes kept up. Gus asked him, wouldn't a maid be cheaper...

cowboyjoe

Reaction score

I've met 83 Dallas cowboys players down thru the years, won tickets to cowboys game for asking a good question for head coach, won sidelines passes for cowboys practice, autographs jerseys authentic, got personal letter from gil Brandt and tex Schramm, personal letter from Roger staubach etc, signed team football 92 etc

CCBoy

Reaction score
I've met 83 Dallas cowboys players down thru the years, won tickets to cowboys game for asking a good question for head coach, won sidelines passes for cowboys practice, autographs jerseys authentic, got personal letter from gil Brandt and tex Schramm, personal letter from Roger staubach etc, signed team football 92 etc
Glad to hear...I wasn't trying to show off or list wall hanging stuff...enjoy oneself.

My first addition was an autographed picture of 'the General' and an autographed t-shirt from Bob Lilly. My wife and daughter-in-law have pictures with him also on a visit here, when I was at work at the Post Office.

Enjoy your man room...

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Dude you do nothing but complain here 24/7 it gets old there are already similar posts open by you and other people about trades and this and that and blah blah blah and you have to have another one with a spotlight on yourself beaconing from a giant mountain so all can see that you're unhappy with the front office in Jerry Jones dude we don't care and by we there'll be a majority of us most won't say anything but I will this gets old it doesn't age well and I don't agree with most of it I'm sorry you complain too much and I'm gonna complain about your complaining how's that??

I'm gonna say this for the 20th time this week to people show me all the other teams making these big moves and show me how these big moves are helping their team have we seen the results have we even seen the results of this trade that you think is a big giant trade that somehow gives the Eagles an advantage have we seen the results of it how do we know it's just not a paper improvement the man was got for 1/4 or was it a fifth and sixth round pick and a player wasn't like a player in their prime they didn't go out and get Jamal Adams or whoever was hot at the time ramseys and all those other dudes they did not go get a dude in their prime they just filled a need..

Will it improve them I don't know but for me I'm not gonna sit here and exaggerate over one single trade and really I can look at ten other teams that might be playoff candidates where are all their moves you act like Jerry Jones is the only one that doesn't do this... So you show me what the other 10 to 12 teams who are going to the playoffs this year all the big moves that you made since you're picking on Jerry show me the rest of them and show me all these other giant free agent moves that have worked in the past for the other teams in the league outside the Eagles or the Rams???

You act like that eagle trade some giant thing they did they just look to improve their team and maybe they have maybe they have it it's all on paper right now it's a single move I don't know many others in the league I'll have to go to the NFL.com to hear about it all the rest of it's been rumors none of those dudes have been traded to any other teams where is it devante Adams new team Derek Henry where's all the interest from other teams??

You need to get over yourself you don't own a team you can never own a team so you might wanna sit back and just allow the professionals to be professionals I agree with Jerry I believe we have the players and I believe with some tweaks a little bit in the scheme and the play calling a little more effort maybe the bye week helps with the injuries that we will be fine we're four and two and some of you complain as if we're two and four and it gets old we just had back-to-back twelve win seasons and now we're started out four and two really one game back from the teams with better records than us which are only two I believe??
Relax, bro. It’s not that serious.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Sweet!

kskboys

Reaction score
I once stubbed my toe on a football w/ the Cowboys logo on it.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Glad to hear...I wasn't trying to show off or list wall hanging stuff...enjoy oneself.

My first addition was an autographed picture of 'the General' and an autographed t-shirt from Bob Lilly. My wife and daughter-in-law have pictures with him also on a visit here, when I was at work at the Post Office.

Enjoy your man room...
No man not trying to show off either, just I am a die hards fan, like when I'm playing destiny I say to guys, there is always someone better than you or knows more, Just enjoy the moment of meeting fellow fans, enjoy each other's thoughts comments and share so nice knowing you buddy go cowboys

LysleE

Reaction score
This FO consistently over-°estimates the talent level on this team…perpetually thinking they are a Super Bowl caliber team; as a result, the FO is reactive, not proactive or aggressive in upgrading their team’s weak positions while the competition makes improvements to their roster.