you may say im out of my mind and thats cool but draft 07

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1297684 said:
I dont think Bradie needs any more weight, he is slow as hell as it is.

I think you misread that post. Just to summarize, it appears the poster was saying "GET BRADIE JAMES OFF OF OUR FIELD!"

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1297687 said:
I think you misread that post. Just to summarize, it appears the poster was saying "GET BRADIE JAMES OFF OF OUR FIELD!"

You are right, totally misread it. My bad.

neosapien23

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1297684 said:
I dont think Bradie needs any more weight, he is slow as hell as it is.

No Kevin Burnett needs to put on the weight so he can play the strong side. Carpenter would play the ILB and Brady James would play left out. His play has not warranted a starting job, and benching him would send out a warning to the other players.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
Bleu Star;1297687 said:

can you blame me? brady tackles like a lady. and runs like a sloth.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
JS9s1.jpg

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
neosapien23;1297694 said:
No Kevin Burnett needs to put on the weight so he can play the strong side. Carpenter would play the ILB and Brady James would play left out. His play has not warranted a starting job, and benching him would send out a warning to the other players.

I know, I totally misread it. My bad.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Here's what I'd do in the offseason:

Get a defensive coordinator.
Get an offensive line coach.
Get rid of Flozell and Rivera.
Sign a guard, maybe a tackle too.
Tell Roy to lose 15 lbs.
See what we can do with James. We're stuck with him I'm afraid.
See how well Henry can play at the FS position. If he's good, keep him there.
Do something with Spears/Canty

So if we can get a good guard, Roy can lose weight, James somehow fixes his problems, and Henry moves to the FS position, here's how our positions will stack up:

SS: Roy
FS: Henry
CB: Newman
CB: ???
OLB: Ware
ILB: ???
ILB: Ayodele
OLB: Carpenter
DE: ???
NT: Ferguson

QB: Romo
RB: Julius Jones
FB: Hoyte
TE: Witten
WR: Owens
WR: Glenn
LT: ???
LG: Kosier
C: Gurode
RG: ???
RT: Colombo

l&l, I like what you said about starting Hatcher at DE. We'll see how Canty and Spears play in TC. Maybe a pass rusher in FA.

In the draft, I'd like to go after a corner, maybe linebacker in the draft, followed by maybe a pass rusher, a wide receiver, and some linemen.

It'll be interesting to see how Hurd and Austin come along.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
DragonCowboy;1297702 said:
Here's what I'd do in the offseason:

Get a defensive coordinator.
Get an offensive line coach.
Get rid of Flozell and Rivera.
Sign a guard, maybe a tackle too.
Tell Roy to lose 15 lbs.
See what we can do with James. We're stuck with him I'm afraid.
See how well Henry can play at the FS position. If he's good, keep him there.
Do something with Spears/Canty

So if we can get a good guard, Roy can lose weight, James somehow fixes his problems, and Henry moves to the FS position, here's how our positions will stack up:

SS: Roy
FS: Henry
CB: Newman
CB: ???
OLB: Ware
ILB: ???
ILB: Ayodele
OLB: Carpenter
NT: Ferguson

QB: Romo
RB: Julius Jones
FB: Hoyte
TE: Witten
WR: Owens
WR: Glenn
LT: ???
LG: Kosier
C: Gurode
RG: ???
RT: Colombo

l&l, I like what you said about starting Hatcher at DE. We'll see how Canty and Spears play in TC. Maybe a pass rusher in FA.

In the draft, I'd like to go after a corner, maybe linebacker in the draft, followed by maybe a pass rusher, a wide receiver, and some linemen.

It'll be interesting to see how Hurd and Austin come along.

hatcher looks good. canty has done nothing. hurd is going to be good thats for sure. we need a pass rusher bad. i think henry is fine at corner also.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
locked&loaded;1297708 said:
hatcher looks good. canty has done nothing. hurd is going to be good thats for sure. we need a pass rusher bad. i think henry is fine at corner also.

Yeah Henry might be fine at corner, but I still think we should check him out at FS to see how well he'll play. I believe he played FS before right? Was that his 10-INT season, or am I thinking of someone else?

Henry's a bit...slow, so I'd like to see if he'd be a better FS than corner.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
locked&loaded;1297696 said:
can you blame me? brady tackles like a lady. and runs like a sloth.

Not at all. I have been on the "Bradie James Sucks" wagon for weeks now.

neosapien23

Reaction score
People are totally going to crucify me on this, but I say draft Blaylock in the first round. Unlike most Texas lineman, he is very agile and in shape. He certainly warrants a first round pick. He could easily serve as an upgrade for Rivera. In the 3rd or 4th round dallas needs to target Manuel Ramirez from Texas Tech. I am tired of the guards being unable to open holes. Ramirez and Blaylock have enough power to drive D lineman away from the ball. Kosier is not getting paid alot so making him a backup is not out of the question. Dallas can then take the best reciever or free safety available in the 2nd round. They could even take a tackle if one slips to the 2nd round.