You people who reside in Texas have it easy...

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
you are right...its great living here in texas and seeing cowboys fans in abundance.

last sunday my wife and i went to albertsons ( grocery store ) to grab some stuff for the game.
all of their employees had on cowboy gear, an easy 90% of the many customers had on cowboy jerseys.
i felt like i was shopping in the Boys locker room.
now for the rest of the story...........
every sunday at albertsons if you wear your jersey you get 10% off your purchase.
but it did grab your attention with all the people in BLUE !!

Warick

Reaction score
Funny thing about stereotypes, when I went to Philly for the Cowboys/Eagles last game at the vet, there were actually some eagles fans that asked me if I owned a ranch, or live stock. I thought they were bs'ing with me, but they really had this idea that we all wear hats, boots, and own land down here.

I told them nope, I live in the city, and Dallas is a lot like Philly, except everything in Dallas seems more spread out. I told them I don't really like horses, I don't own a ranch, I hate country & western music, and cowboy hats. My friend up there told me that I was born in the wrong part of the country.

:laugh2:

gocowboys25

Reaction score
I live in Cleveland the epitomy of delusion fans. Every year they are going to the sb and it doesn't matter how they did the year before. I went to meet the boys' at the hotel this year when they played here and I felt like I was in Dallas. I swear wherever I looked there were blue jersey's it was great. Anyways, boyfriend and I did a road trip to DAllas this year and it was NOTHING like I imagined it was gonna be. I was expecting big hats and Dallas as a smaller city and not having to drive far to get to the country life. I was really suprised to see just how many highways really wind through there and the service roads. I think Dallas has traffic all day and all night so I guess Cleveland turned out to be the "smaller" city. Sorry for the story time!!!

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
juckie;2368369 said:
Try being a diehard Cowboy fantatic since i was 5 in Pittsburgh.I am getting literally punished,lol.Now I am forced to root for them for 2 games.For not being a divisional foe Pittsburgh fans absolutely hate Dallas.I embrace all the hatred but its brutal sometimes,anyone here from my area?

I'm right there with ya. I live about 42 miles east of Pittsburgh. And I know what you're talking about. I have been here for almost three years. Each year, Steeler fans become more and more smug. They do hate us, even claiming that our last Super Bowl was fixed... that Neil O'Donnell was paid off to throw that last INT to Larry Brown.

Now I'm not a big trash talker, but just this last offseason, I walked around with a bit of confidence. But lately, I've had to hear how bad we are and how sorry we will be on December 7th when we face the Steelers at Heinz Field. And what sucks the most is that I have to take it because I have no comebacks with the way we are playing right now.

It's just sad and deflating. I sure hope the Cowboys can turn this thing around, before it's too late.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
poke;2369965 said:
you are right...its great living here in texas and seeing cowboys fans in abundance.

last sunday my wife and i went to albertsons ( grocery store ) to grab some stuff for the game.
all of their employees had on cowboy gear, an easy 90% of the many customers had on cowboy jerseys.
every sunday at albertsons if you wear your jersey you get 10% off your purchase.

Dang! Now that definitely sounds like home to me. Up here, all I see are Pittsburgh Steeler jerseys. Gets old! I miss being surrounded by my own kind.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
juckie;2369395 said:
Im in Greensburg.He may be close.

I am close to ya! :D I live in Blairsville. About 35 minutes from ya. Maybe one day we can meet up, have a beer, and enjoy some Dallas Cowboys football!

Oh, and my older bro (aardvark) is flying up to visit. Going to be sweet to finally have some family nearby.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Fletch;2370163 said:
I am close to ya! :D I live in Blairsville. About 35 minutes from ya. Maybe one day we can meet up, have a beer, and enjoy some Dallas Cowboys football!

Oh, and my older bro (aardvark) is flying up to visit. Going to be sweet to finally have some family nearby.

what's up bro???

geez I can't wait to get away from work for a week!!!

bet the autumn leaves look awesome up thar (hick accent)

I'm ready for some real italian food.. papa Sals here we come

jgboys1

Reaction score
poke;2369965 said:

Man, I wish I was down there with you guys. It sucks up here with all this giants blue....:puke: I HATE IT!!!!!:bang2:

starman22

Reaction score
Central Pa. here. almost smack in the middle of Pittsburgh and Philly. It really does suck sometimes. When Dallas loses, the next day at work people get on the PA system and whistle deep in the heart of texas, and how bout dem cowboys.

One cool thing though, I did get to go to see the Cowboys at Pittsburgh the last time. Switzers first year with the team, we killed them, the fans were so demoralized and I got to hear the talking amongst themselves that, "thats why they are the champs" and "we can't stop them" Awesome.

You're right about the last super bowl though, almost all of them believe O'Donnell was paid off by Jerry Jones. Then when I mention, "yeah, like the refs were when you played the seahawks in the super bowl they think I'm crazy. They believe Pittsburgh dominated that game.

Oh well, I guess all fans wear the homer glasses at times.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I just moved from Pgh (Lawrenceville) to NJ. I don't miss Pgh at all except for my parents and friends. One good thing, because Dallas is so hated in Pgh, the Cowboy game is on almost every week. You don't need the NFL ticket.