Your 3 Favorite Backs Not Named Gibbs or Robinson?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I keep seeing people talking about Gibbs and Robinson. My issue is, they may not be there. And then there are RBs who are not far off from those guys as far as what they could do behind a formidable offensive line, so it doesn't really phase me to not get Robinson or Gibbs, especially if we intend on franchising Pollard. I can't see using the franchise tag on a RB, then turning around and drafting a RB round 1. That's too many resources on running backs.

I'd say I'm not really a Kenny McIntosh guy as much as others, although I do like Kenny McIntosh. But my favorite three backs are DeWayne McBride, Sean Tucker, and Israel Abinikanda.

After that, honorable mentions for me are Roschon Johnson and Chase Brown.

I think you can get just as much from those backs as you could Gibbs and at a cheaper price.

I'd even be up for a situation where we trade down because so many groups are deep and we have a lot of need, so trading down could work out well for us if we played it right.

When I look at these players, I have the 49ers and Eagles in mind.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Evans
Ibanikanda
Gray

Love all 3, and am fairly confident all will be available rounds 3 and on…which is the earliest we should go RB.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
For as long as I can remember watching Cowboys football, we have never been creative with our running backs. Felix Jones rode the bench for Barber, Pollard spent 3 years stuck behind a declining Zeke, Lance Dunbar never caught many passes behind Murray, etc. The guys who do really well in Dallas are power backs we can just hammer downhill 250 times a season.

Charbonnet, Bigsby, and Evans are three guys who can execute a really mean HB dive, so I unironically think those are the best fits here.

cnuball21

Reaction score
For as long as I can remember watching Cowboys football, we have never been creative with our running backs. Felix Jones rode the bench for Barber, Pollard spent 3 years stuck behind a declining Zeke, Lance Dunbar never caught many passes behind Murray, etc. The guys who do really well in Dallas are power backs we can just hammer downhill 250 times a season.

Charbonnet, Bigsby, and Evans are three guys who can execute a really mean HB dive, so I unironically think those are the best fits here.
lol sad but true

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I'd want to go young and fast. I feel like "power" backs are a dime a dozen.

Devon Achane Texas A&M 5'9" 185 Age: 20 Projected 40: 4.24
Israel Abanikanda Pitt 5'11" 215 Age: 20 Projected 40: 4.49

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I'd want to go young and fast. I feel like "power" backs are a dime a dozen.

Devon Achane Texas A&M 5'9" 185 Age: 20 Projected 40: 4.24
Israel Abanikanda Pitt 5'11" 215 Age: 20 Projected 40: 4.49
I love that Abinikanda is only 20.

Achane may be good, but he doesn't do it for me with that size. Not for the Cowboys. I see him as a Saints, type of player. Maybe Eagles...

Pass2Run

Reaction score

In my defense, I'm picturing this team with McCarthy running the show on the offense. With that said, you could be right. He had bigger backs in Green Bay. So...McBride is a downhill runner. Reminds me of Joseph Randle/Demarco Murray. Tucker reminds me a lot of Emmitt, and I'd compare Izzy to Pollard.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like the kid from Pitt and UCLA...not going to attempt to spell their names.

For a lower round pick I like D Vaughn from Kstate.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
For me it is:

Tyjae Spears - Really good IMO and a pet cat of mine. I like him more than most do, I think.
Devon Achane - not crazy about his run instincts but that speed. Man.
Israel Abinikanda - I like size and he has pretty good speed. He is my third non-Robinson / non-Gibbs back.

cnuball21

Reaction score
For me it is:

Tyjae Spears - Really good IMO and a pet cat of mine. I like him more than most do, I think.
Devon Achane - not crazy about his run instincts but that speed. Man.
Israel Abinikanda - I like size and he has pretty good speed. He is my third non-Robinson / non-Gibbs back.
Spears is a stud but he’s small…

I expect we tag TP, in which case I’m not sure if we want 2 dudes that aren’t overly physical.

tm1119

Reaction score
Tank Bigsby
Tyjae Spears
Israel Abinikanda

Sean Tucker and Zach Evans not far behind.

Don’t like Dewayne McBride much at all. I don’t see much long speed or agility/wiggle

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
What if we drafted a RB in every round and then dressed 7 RBs on game day and rotated a fresh guy in after every play. Laugh at me but I don’t see you guys thinking outside the box like me.