Your Childhood Heroes You Miss?

timb2

Reaction score
I miss Sugar Ray Leonard. He was so cool, so good, so fast,and was a great role model instead of talking trash,he just showed you in the ring. He beat the best and didn't duck anyone. Kids today missed out on one of the greatest ever. He would have been a Ultra Mega Star in todays standards.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Evel Knievel

1212061evel9.jpg

the Gipper

4_112018_beltway-reagan8201_c0-45-950-598_s400x233.jpg

lukin2006

Reaction score
John Lennon ... I have always wondered if the Beatles would have done more music together and toured. Here's what I honestly believe. I believe they would have got together and at least wrote some music together, if they really thought it was good then they would have proceeded and re-united, if they didn't like, a re-union was never happening. I like to believe this ... the Beatles left at the top of their game, never looked backed and were confidant in the mark they left in history and didn't need to re-unite, because they had nothing left to prove. I still remember the announcement of John Lennon death on Monday Night Football...The world lost a great man and a real gift when he moved on.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Roger Staubach.

Agreed, Roger is at the top of my list. Watched him play for the Middies, and couldn't believe the good fortune when Schram got him.
Great man; should have gone into politics, but he was too smart for that.

Mickey Mantle
Willie Mays
Stan Musial
Arnold Palmer
Arthur Ashe
Pete Maravich
Julius Erving
Lew Alcindor
Jerry West
Bobby Hull
Johnny Unitas
Jim Brown
Don Meredith
Bob Hayes
Bob Lilly
Bob Beamon
Roger Bannister
Wilma Rudolph
Jesse Owens
Darrell Royal
Tom Landry
JFK
Chester Nimitz

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Duke. Sure it was all make believe but when we needed a good guy to beat all the bad guys and set the universe right, he was the guy. He seemed larger than life.

And I might as well have a make believe hero because my biggest one growing up was The Blonde Bomber and I actually got to meet him at his restaurant back in the early 90's. All of the news was out then about his personal life and playing hungover too much and drunk at times but I could still remember the magic that he created around my favorite sport at that time. When I played as youngster, I was always Mickey Mantle coming to the plate with the bases loaded, 2 outs and behind 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th.