Your draft plan

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This team is set up to go BPA with the first pick, they have done a good job of filling some holes, so BPA is highly acceptable at 26, no need to reach, maybe a trade down even, position is somewhat irrelevant to an extent.

What I would really want to see in this draft is one of the top OL drop to us and then grab one of the RBs in the 2nd round.

I have thought about this for entirely too long, but I keep going back to this scenario because of the immediate impact it gives the offense.

Apologies if this belongs or is moved to the draft forum, just thought was worthy on the front page since draft day is nearing.

Jipper

Reaction score
This team is set up to go BPA with the first pick, they have done a good job of filling some holes, so BPA is highly acceptable at 26, no need to reach, maybe a trade down even, position is somewhat irrelevant to an extent.

What I would really want to see in this draft is one of the top OL drop to us and then grab one of the RBs in the 2nd round.

I have thought about this for entirely too long, but I keep going back to this scenario because of the immediate impact it gives the offense.
no matter what they do, unless they get a 1st round pick next year and a heck of a mid round haul this year do not trade out of the 1st round....that 5th year option is clutch and if you get a guy at the top of the 2nd that is a fringe 1st round talent we could be in a tough spot contract wise.

Id really like to see OL and DL in the first two or even three rounds....go for position players deeper....there will some great value mid draft from what i am hearing.

Creeper

Reaction score
I agree this is the year to go BPA. Take the player likely to make the biggest impact this year. The Value positions late in Rnd 1 are interior OL, S, WR, LB, and maybe TE, if there is an exceptional TE available. Taking an OG in the first would really set them up on the OL for a few years. Martin needs a future replacement but he could have a few more years left so there is no rush. Steele and Tyler Smith could be bookends for years. Biadasz is improving. Finding the guy to be a stud LG would be awesome.

But we have to see how the draft plays out. I would certainly not reach for anyone this year. It is unnecessary.

kumizi

Reaction score
Probably WR and OL early. CB also a consideration.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
It would be great to hit the OL and DL early. Take a RB and solid QB prospect in the mid-rounds. Then look for DB's and WR's in the later rounds.

The draft likely has other plans though. My bold prediction is the BPA in the first round will be a TE (not that it's a big need). By the time Dallas picks, it could be a choice between the 9th best defensive lineman, the 8th best offensive lineman, or the first or second best TE. Robinson will be long gone for those that want to go that route.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Rounds 1-4

BPA of OL, WR, TE, QB, DT, Edge, or CB.

Rounds 5-7

BPA, but now including RB, LB, and safety.

In a perfect world it would be DT, WR, TE, and CB in the early rounds.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
My plan

Hit the QB
Rd 1: Kancey

Protect the QB
Rd 2: Schmitz

Run the ball
Rd 3: Bigsby
shutterstock_575234722.jpg

(although Schmitz in the 2nd is okay)

Don't want Cancy. I think he's a one trick pony and an Aaron Donald Halloween costume.

Bigsby literally bores me.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

Apologies if this belongs or is moved to the draft forum, just thought was worthy on the front page since draft day is nearing.
If we come out of the first 3 rounds with a good value player at OL, DT, RB I would be happy. Those are probably the positions that a rookie has the best shot to make an immediate impact and fills immediate needs. However, I'm committed to the BPA so if there's a good LB or DB there I wouldn't be upset if that was the direction we went.

visionary

Reaction score
Schmitz is a borderline first rounder.
If he falls below pick 15 of rd 2 I’d start making calls to trade up for my 5th comp pick

Benefit of Schmitz is that he can start at LG now so Smith can stay LT and can start at OC next year so we don’t have to pay Biadasz and we can draft another LG next year

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Does this BPA theory/practice extend to QBs in relation to our team?
I didn't think so.

BPA, dibbly goon, smart chaps!
1st round O lineman
2ns round Nose tackle/DT
3rd round O lineman
4th round DT/DE

Not a sexy scenario, good lads, but, dagnabbitt, we need to tinker with our lines.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you fill a hole, you often end up with the even ground you began with, best to build a mound instead of filling a hole.