Your draft plan

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
By Jerry claiming Steele is still only a swing tackle, it’s also saying Dallas only has 1 tackle of the future on their roster. No way Broderick Jones is still there at 26, but Dawand Jones or Darnell Wright are ideal candidates

morasp

Reaction score
Been running a lot lately, depends on what big board you trust. I suspect there will be updates to most rankings after the pro days. Here are a few I could live with. Any similarities to what the Cowboys might actually do are purely coincidental.

Bijan Robinson
Matthew Bergeron (Move to OG)
Marvin Mims Jr.
Zacch Pickens
Cole Strange
Rejzohn Wright
Yasir Abdullah

Role TIde
Jahmir Gibbs dual threat mismatch player and also a good returner
Matthew Bergeron
Cedrick Tillman
Byron Young
Terell Smith
Cameron Latu
DJ Dale

Jahmir Gibbs
John Michael Schmitz
Tyler Scott
Byron Young
Terell Smith
Davis Allen
Chris Rodriguez Jr.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Its an interesting scenario and one that I have pondered with repeatedly it seems.
Could easily live with that.
Oh, don't listen to him, ruffian! His draft scenarios are what Satan whispers in his ear.

Let us hope for this:
Day 1
1st round O lineman

Day 2
2nd round NT
3rd round O lineman

Day 3
4th round D lineman
5th round RB (plus 2 comp. picks)
6th round does it matter? (plus 1 comp, pick)
7th round Rowdy

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
How about "Replace the QB"? . . . Who you got?
Big Mike and Jerry seem to love Duggan from TCU...............I think they draft him in the middle rounds.

If you are wanting a 1st or 2nd round QB, I think you are going to be disappointed.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
As Mike Tyson once said, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth!"

My plan -- until everything changed.
1) JCarter (who won't be there) or Nolan Smith (probably won't be there) or Drew Sanders (although I haven't watched enough tape on him or Campbell if they like him better). Finish the D and give Parsons some help.
2) OL -- I really don't care whether guard or center but Schmitdz or Avila would be great here.
3) RB -- I like Achane. You have Pollard, this guy gives you a speed ability others just don't have. If not there Gibbs, Charbonnet, or whomever falls. Many Rbs can go 3rd round.
4) DT-- Ika, Benton, Mazi Smith -- none of these will probably fall this far, but I have seen stranger things with 2 down NT before, so best DL here, preferably 1T.
5) QB -- go get the best QB you think can be developed. Dak is here another couple years, but get some arm talent behind him. Tune seems like a Romo style player to my eyes.
6) RB -- I go back to RB again and pick up Deuce Vaughn. Another small back, but can provide electric play.
7) FB -- Luekpe or the biggest, best FB/TE combo player that can block first, catch second, run third, and has the size and strength of LB's.

With this said. Your top 3 CB's are all FA next year, and Jerry wants a splash help for Dak........so my plan is out.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
IMO, Dallas is in a position where they can let the draft come to them. Take whomever is a good value at 1 and 2. No projects though. If they haven't grabbed an RB by the 3rd round, they should probably get aggressive to make sure they nab one of the good ones.

If there is no one available at 1 that is a significant value, see if you can trade down and grab an extra 3rd round pick.

I would love to fix the DT position but the people who look to be available seem like JAG types. Drafting a JAG, particularly early, just because you have a hole is foolish. I would rather just go BPA and look for another vet.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This team is set up to go BPA with the first pick, they have done a good job of filling some holes, so BPA is highly acceptable at 26, no need to reach, maybe a trade down even, position is somewhat irrelevant to an extent.

What I would really want to see in this draft is one of the top OL drop to us and then grab one of the RBs in the 2nd round.

I have thought about this for entirely too long, but I keep going back to this scenario because of the immediate impact it gives the offense.

Apologies if this belongs or is moved to the draft forum, just thought was worthy on the front page since draft day is nearing.
BPA available is a myth and would be a waste unless its at a need position.

The player would have to be ranked much much higher than anyone else left on the board and I just dont see that at the 26th pick.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Big Mike and Jerry seem to love Duggan from TCU...............I think they draft him in the middle rounds.

If you are wanting a 1st or 2nd round QB, I think you are going to be disappointed. do not
I do not believe any Cowboy Fan thinks this. Has not been discussed at all

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
When you fill a hole, you often end up with the even ground you began with, best to build a mound instead of filling a hole.
Absolutely. I remember people laughing at Philly after their SB win for taking Goedert because they had holes to fill and a star in Zach Ertz. Smart teams draft BPA and dumb teams reach. That's why Portland took Sam Bowie over Jordan. They needed a big man and had Drexler.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score

The player would have to be ranked much much higher than anyone else left on the board and I just dont see that at the 26th pick.
I don't think it's a myth at all. We got laughed at for drafting a Center with a first but we had Fred Beard as the BPA. Teams that draft need get burned. I'm

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My draft plan: Stack the board to the best of your ability and then stick to it as the process plays out. Whether you're "set up" to do it or not.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't think it's a myth at all. We got laughed at for drafting a Center with a first but we had Fred Beard as the BPA. Teams that draft need get burned. I'm
Fredbeard was definitely a need pick. They wanted a center and took him early knowing he would be gone the next time they picked. If you recall they traded down for him.

visionary

Reaction score
Even better

Trade down to 30-31 for extra rd 3 pick

1. Schmitz or Avila (OL)
2. Gervon Dexter (DT)
3a. Brents or Moss (CB)
3b. Tank or Abanikanda (RB)

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

You don't believe this draft to be a deep draft when compared to recent drafts?

ghst187

Reaction score
1: Robinson if he falls or Gibbs with a trade back
2: og avila
3: S Battle
3 go get him if he’s still there WR Mims if he falls

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Absolutely. I remember people laughing at Philly after their SB win for taking Goedert because they had holes to fill and a star in Zach Ertz. Smart teams draft BPA and dumb teams reach. That's why Portland took Sam Bowie over Jordan. They needed a big man and had Drexler.
Yes that Goedert pick by philly was just a finger in Jerrys face.
Everybody knew we were looking at him.

cowboyec

Reaction score
♧michael mayer,te-notre dame
♧isaiah foskey,de-notre dame
♧jarrett patterson,og-notre dame
♧brandon joseph,s-notre dame
☆a really good rb
☆a really good dt
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
My draft plan

1. Kancey 3T
2. Avila/Schmitz OG
3, Roy 1T
4. Izzy/Johnson/Brown/Evans RB
5. Pappoa/Pace/Williams LB
6. Strange/Whyle/Durham TE
7. Smith/Luter/Valentine CB

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
My draft plan

1. Kancey 3T
2. Avila/Schmitz OG
3, Roy 1T
4. Izzy/Johnson/Brown/Evans RB
5. Pappoa/Pace/Williams LB
6. Strange/Whyle/Durham TE
7. Smith/Luter/Valentine CB
Do you believe 5 other DTs come off the board before Kancey, before 26?