Your favorite 2016 QB??

tm1119

Reaction score
Hackenberg because he has 1 of the best arms to come out in a while (if he even comes out)....and then I agree Kessler is intriguing. Nothing flashy about his game but he gets it done. Smart QB who could be pro ready quickly.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I like Cook if we decide to take a guy in the 1st round. Would likely have to move up.

I like Hill if we are looking at trying to draft a player later.

All of this could change, depending on this upcoming season but right now, those would be my two top options in each scenario.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Hackenberg because he has 1 of the best arms to come out in a while (if he even comes out)....and then I agree Kessler is intriguing. Nothing flashy about his game but he gets it done. Smart QB who could be pro ready quickly.

Hackenberg is an arm talent. If he continues to behave like a scared rabbit under pressure, he will be just that, an arm talent, not a QB. Same thing goes for Connor Cook. Neither of them showed an ability to handle pressure.

Gunner Kiel will be one I will be watching closely to see if he progresses.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
I'm keeping a close eye on Brandon Doughty. 4830 yards last year with a 68% completion percentage.

Threw for 49 TDs and 10 INTs. Had one rough game with 1td/4int. Take that away and he'd be at 48TD/6INT.

Threw for more yards and TDs than any other QB in 2014-2015.

egn22

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Trevone Boykin from TCU?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Who is it???

As of now mine is Cody Kessler.

As a USC fan, I think Kessler is a great college QB. I'm not sure he's a NFL starter. The NFL comparison he gets the most is Romo but I'm not sure he has Romo's pocket awareness and play making ability/creativity.

My guy is Hackenberg. He took a step back last year but his tools are up there.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
As a USC fan, I think Kessler is a great college QB. I'm not sure he's a NFL starter. The NFL comparison he gets the most is Romo but I'm not sure he has Romo's pocket awareness and play making ability/creativity.

My guy is Hackenberg. He took a step back last year but his tools are up there.

He's accurate, productive, and runs a pro style offense.

Also he can stretch the field.

I would love to draft that guy.

Displaced Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm a Penn State guy and a huge Hackenberg fan.

There was some regression of his own doing, but the OL was a huge issue.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/468/p3

44 sacks allowed among the worst in the country.

There were 12 total scholarship OL on the roster last year, including 4 true freshmen who redshirted and didn't see the field.

Multi-year starter at G Miles Dieffenbach, now in Steelers camp as an UDFA, missed almost the entire season rehabbing an ACL.

That left a total of 7 guys as healthy options to play. Those 7 included Brian Gaia and Derek Dowrey, two guys who were at DT their first 2 seasons on campus before moving to the OL during spring ball last year because depth was so bad and two Redshirt Freshmen in Andrew Nelson and Brendan Mahon. Bottom line there wasn't a heck of a lot of talent/experience along the OL.

I'd look for a big bounce back year from Hackenberg with a stronger OL in place and all of his weapons outside returning.

My expectation is Bill O'Brien will do whatever is necessary next year to get in a position to take Hackenberg, they still speak regularly.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Connor Cook..... I think he is the real deal... and if he shows up and has a good senior year we should seriously consider trading up from our 32nd pick to get him...

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I suspect I will be watching Kevin Hogan from Stanford a fair amount this year. He looks a like a guy that Jason Garrett would love to snag in the third round in 2016 and let him sit behind Romo until he can take over.