Your favorite 2016 QB??

Doomsday101

Reaction score
One QB I'm interested to see how he does this year is Kevin Hogan out of Stanford

bodi

Reaction score
California junior Jared Goff: Tall and wiry, the 6-4 Goff set school records last year for passing yards, touchdowns and total offense

Penn State junior Christian Hackenberg: A sophomore slump didn't sour evaluators on Hackenberg. Absorbing his second coach and second scheme in his second season, Hackenberg threw 15 interceptions and was sacked 44 times. Scouts still like measurables, 6-4, 235 pounds. He'll be better this season with plenty of help at receiver.

USC redshirt senior Cody Kessler: Mariota was so fantastic he overshadowed one of the all-time Pac-12 seasons. Kessler set USC season records for completions, accuracy and efficiency as well as tying the record for touchdown passes (39). Kessler has been sneaky good. He's armed with the usual array of Trojan receivers

Cincinnati junior Gunner Kiel: The much-traveled Kiel finally played. Turns out he does have the "chest" for the game. His 31 passing touchdowns tied a school record

Connor Cook, QB

Displaced Cowboy

Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here&#39;s a takeaway from day 1 at Elite 11: Christian Hackenberg is seriously damn talented. Don&#39;t let the 2014 stats fool you.</p>&mdash; Paul Myerberg (@PaulMyerberg) <a href="">July 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RS12

Reaction score
Scouts not crazy about Hogan. Like Kessler. Intrgiued by Jones and Wentz. Would love them to invest in a QB this coming draft.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Hogan has a Tebow-like hitch in his throwing motion. He throws a great deep ball but he takes too long to throw a good short or quick pass, IMO.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With the "cornstone positions" ( QB, LT, WR, DE, CB) all having elite talent that gives us the flexibility to go after a QB in the first in what could be a deep draft

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I can't say he is at the top right now, but very easily could end up there.

One of the things I see alot in writeups about QBs is scouts talking about thw amount of expirience a QB has. Could be nothing but it could be something that could hurts Jones in evaluations

sbark

Reaction score
https://vine.co/v/en30VQ7zq2H

Beautiful throw by Wentz. Reminds me of the Rothlesberger throw in the SB.

Good find. that entire winning drive in the SDSU game was clutch by Wentz, as was the winning drive in the Championship game.

We will get a good look at his skill's all year, as the Bison defense lost several key players to the last year to NFL and graduation, their offense is going to have to carry more of the load, and more on Wentz as their top RB (Crockett) signed with the Pack as a free agent

Last edited:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
As a USC fan, Cody has really grown on me; very accurate. What's funny is the NFL QB he gets (positively) compared to the most is Romo. Unfortunately, like Romo, he is 6 foot 1 at best.

Cody-Kessler4.jpg

RS12

Reaction score
As a USC fan, Cody has really grown on me; very accurate. What's funny is the NFL QB he gets (positively) compared to the most is Romo. Unfortunately, like Romo, he is 6 foot 1 at best.

Cody-Kessler4.jpg

Like Romo a point guard in high school which I think helps more than people think (vision).

ghst187

Reaction score
I suspect I will be watching Kevin Hogan from Stanford a fair amount this year. He looks a like a guy that Jason Garrett would love to snag in the third round in 2016 and let him sit behind Romo until he can take over.

His release is really SLOW.....don't think he'll make it with that release unless he significantly improves his mechanics

IAmLegend

Reaction score
I suspect I will be watching Kevin Hogan from Stanford a fair amount this year. He looks a like a guy that Jason Garrett would love to snag in the third round in 2016 and let him sit behind Romo until he can take over.

I hope not.. His weird throwing motion bugs me. And he struggles against good teams.