Your favorite 2016 QB??

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Another benefit of getting our future guy in ASAP is that Romo can teach them how to be a QB in Dallas.

That in itself is a skill. Much less playing the position.

rockj7

Reaction score
As a USC fan, I think Kessler is a great college QB. I'm not sure he's a NFL starter. The NFL comparison he gets the most is Romo but I'm not sure he has Romo's pocket awareness and play making ability/creativity.

My guy is Hackenberg. He took a step back last year but his tools are up there.

Chris also as a SC fan I couldn't agree more . Chris do you remember that Sophmore back up QB that beat us on that Hail Mary play from Arizona St. I liked hs arm and how he handled pressure

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Add me to the Carson Wentz crowd. He has the size, arm size, and mobility. He's clutch and can throw on the run.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
My favorite potential QB in next year's draft is easily Jared Goff.

I'd absolutely love for him to be a Cowboy. Unfortunately, he's already got a 1st-Round grade on him and will only climb the ladder at the season progresses and with the combine. I think he's going to be a stud at the next level. He's 6'4 with a nice arm and he's got that competitive fire that you can't teach. He's only a redshirt Sophomore so he could return to school, but with a 1st-Round grade, I think he'll eventually decide to come out. Unfortunately, he'll likely be out of our range, possibly even the 1st overall pick.

Last edited:

IAmLegend

Reaction score
I think guys like Connor Cook, Gunner Kiel, Cody Kessler, and Carzon Wentz are more realistic options.

Not a huge fan of any of them at this point, but I'll wait till after the season to make a final judgement after I've seen them a bit more.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My favorite potential QB in next year's draft is easily Jared Goff.

I'd absolutely love for him to be a Cowboy. Unfortunately, he's already got a 1st-Round grade on him and will only climb the ladder at the season progresses and with the combine. I think he's going to be a stud at the next level. He's 6'4 with a nice arm and he's got that competitive fire that you can't teach. He's only a redshirt Sophomore so he could return to school, but with a 1st-Round grade, I think he'll eventually decide to come out. Unfortunately, he'll likely be out of our range, possibly even the 1st overall pick.

Its already looking like he could be the #1 overall

I think where we will likely be drafting it looks more like Kessler, Keil or Wentz

perrykemp

Reaction score
I think guys like Connor Cook, Gunner Kiel, Cody Kessler, and Carzon Wentz are more realistic options.

Not a huge fan of any of them at this point, but I'll wait till after the season to make a final judgement after I've seen them a bit more.

I am a big Michigan State fan, however, I don't get the 'Connor Cook is 1st round pick material' noise I see in the media.

His career completion percentage is 58%. If you can't throw for at least 60% in college, you probably are not going to be successful in the pros.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
I am a big Michigan State fan, however, I don't get the 'Connor Cook is 1st round pick material' noise I see in the media.

His career completion percentage is 58%. If you can't throw for at least 60% in college, you probably are not going to be successful in the pros.

I agree with this. That's why I'm not big on him. The only QB's I like in next year's draft (or ones who I think will actually be franchise QB's) are Goff and Hackenberg, both of whom I think will be long gone by the time we pick. Goff will likely go #1 and I think Hackenberg likely ends up in Houston under his old coach Bill O'Brien. The rest of the prospects are meh but I really think we're going to draft one anyways to start grooming so whatever. Gotta learn to like whoever we draft and hope they pan out.

DBOY3141

Reaction score

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I like Goff but his footwork bothers me.

You won't see many good NFL QB's that don't have good footwork.

It was just a small sample size and I need to see more. The passes looked great but UT defense sucks.