Your favorite quote

Wheeltax

Reaction score
Winston Churchill was an endless source of great quotes.

“We can always count on the Americans to do the right thing, after they have exhausted all the other possibilities.”

Also, Axl Rose: "Thanks, but I'm not God. If I was God, 3/4 of you would be girls, and the rest would be pizza and beer."

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I saw a poster here say "There's no IQ test to be a fan" the other day. I giggled like Ron Swanson.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
One of my favourites is from the 1st manager of Celtic, Willie Maley. He took the job in 1897 after having previously played for the club and kept it for 43 years.
"It's not the creed nor nationality that counts. It's the man himself. "

Slightly less impressive I remember reading at Hooters on my first trip to America
"Half of all people are below average"

jwitten82

Reaction score
From the movie Blow,"Life passes most people by while they`re making grand plans for it."

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
"Being productive is a waste of time." - Me

I like that. It reminds me of another Edward Abbey quote (I'm a Abbey homer). "I refuse to do a job I don't want to do in order to support a lifestyle I don't want to live." This one rings real true to me as I become more and more of an introvert, anti-consumerist, and more self sufficient in my life. I think it's a quote that probably hits close to home for most Americans who work those very jobs to support that very lifestyle they don't want. Wouldn't we all love to live in a little hut on the beach, grow our own vegetables, catch our own fish, and be with our families? So why don't we?

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Also like:

"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."

Winston Churchill

We could fill this thread with Churchill quotes. The guy was brilliant with one liners. My favorite and one that I feel is dead on is "The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
From the movie Blow,"Life passes most people by while they`re making grand plans for it."

That movie is exceptionally underrated. One of the best of all time, especially for the crime genre. It's right up there with Goodfellas, but below Shawshank.

Mitcha68

Reaction score
The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N. -Wooderson ;-)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
We could fill this thread with Churchill quotes. The guy was brilliant with one liners. My favorite and one that I feel is dead on is "The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

He has several but many of them are to political to discuss but yes, absolutely, he is one of the best, down through history.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
On RB Earl Campbell's inability to finish a 1-mile run "When it's 1st and a mile, I won't give it to him."
The Late Great Bum Phillips

You stole the first one that came to my mind, .. since I have used it lately when talking about Bum. And then he added, .. "any other time, we will give it to him."

LOL

Another that came to mind was John McCay's quote during his horrendous season with Tampa Bay, ... when asked after another loss about his team's execution, .. he said, ... "I'm all for it."

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You stole the first one that came to my mind, .. since I have used it lately when talking about Bum. And then he added, .. "any other time, we will give it to him."

LOL

Another that came to mind was John McCay's quote during his horrendous season with Tampa Bay, ... when asked after another loss about his team's execution, .. he said, ... "I'm all for it."

Yeah, he had a ton of great ones for sure. On a more serious note, I always felt like this was Bum Phillips, in a nut shell:

“If I could be remembered for one thing, that would be for being myself. You may not always be right, but you do what you think is right. If you’re wrong, have the ability to admit it. Both are damned important.”

And that guy was not a bad guy to be like IMO.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Wouldn't we all love to live in a little hut on the beach, grow our own vegetables, catch our own fish, and be with our families? So why don't we?

Because that hut cost a cool million, veggies don't grow in the sand, eating fish everyday gets old, and our families can't be pulled away from the TV :)

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
"No one will respect you, until you respect yourself." - My Father

Took me a long time to get what he meant when he told me that. Definitely one I'll be passing on to my kids.

Diogenes

Reaction score
I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

-Groucho Marx

Diogenes

Reaction score
"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world but I am sure we would be getting reports from hell before breakfast.”

-William Tecumseh Sherman

Bigdog

Reaction score
Tell me who your friends are and I will tell you who you are.- my father will tell me all the time

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
"I will give you a show like you have never ever seen before why...because I can."

burmafrd

Reaction score
"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world but I am sure we would be getting reports from hell before breakfast.”

-William Tecumseh Sherman

Very much someone who saw things as they ARE