Your favorite quotes or sayings..

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
What are some of your favorite quotes or sayings that you live by?? Or at least try to..

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
Here's one of my favorites.
“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”

Calvin Coolidge​

225px-Calvin_Coolidge_photo_portrait_head_and_shoulders.jpg

Signals

Reaction score
"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." - Anonymous

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I ain't doing that

Which my boss replies oh yes you will

And I reply with a big sigh and say ok alright

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
the one under my user name.

"drive it like you stole it"

"So now I pray to my nation destroyed under a God."

"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Tyler Durden: Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the arse or the crotch?

Tyler Durden: **** damnation, man! **** redemption! We are God's unwanted children? So be it!

i've got more but some can't be posted

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
I say this like, at least 100 times a day.

"I have an idea I would like to discuss with you. I have no time to discuss any current events, and please don't bring up people in this discussion."

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
"Give me liberty or give me death."
Patrick Henry

I've been murdered 1000's of times.:eek:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's more than one way to skin a cat.

My grandpa said it all the time. I guess it just rubbed off on me.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
"You are where you are today because of your believing. You'll be tomorrow where your believing will take you. Fear is "believing" in reverse, and is the "sand in the machinery" of life."

"Every man believes something................I believe I'll have another drink."

Scranton Tiger

Reaction score
When I was a youngster and knew everything there was to know in the world, my Mom would tell me "It's what you learn after you know it all that's important". Don't know if she got it somewhere else or if it's a quote of hers. The older I get though, the more I see she is exactly right.

Scranton Tiger

Reaction score
"If life gives you lemons ..... make lemonade ..... then find someone who's life gave them vodka ..... and have a party."

Ron White

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
"Dont piss down my back and tell me its raining"

"I was born at night, but it wasnt last night" (this ones true for me, I was born 9:32 PM)

"In war, Fathers bury their sons. In peace, sons bury their fathers."
Herodotus

My favorite movie quote is a corny one but its what im gonna say if I ever get a lot of money.

Randy Quaid in "Hard Rain"

"For twenty years Ive been eating ****, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Well tonight Im changing the menu, from now on everything I eat is gonna be **** free"

ethiostar

Reaction score
"Do your little bit of good where you are; its those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world"-Desmound Tutu

"No matter how good looking she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her ****"-Bathroom graffiti.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."
--Daniel P. Moynihan

Signals

Reaction score
Signals;2720130 said:
"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." - Anonymous

JerryAdvocate;2720135 said:
point taken

peplaw06;2720238 said:
Hey Bob! not tryin' to be offensive. My Dad used to tell me this saying when I was a child and it made sense. If you think about it deeply, you'll realize it's true.

:D

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Signals;2720496 said:
Hey Bob! not tryin' to be offensive. My Dad used to tell me this saying when I was a child and it made sense. If you think about it deeply, you'll realize it's true.

:D

it does make sense, and I wasn't offended by it

that quote is probably geared to those who gossip about people, well that's my interpretation of it, don't be a gossip, there are more important things to talk about