Your favorite simple foods

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas;2711082 said:
I like baked salmon. I sometimes eat a salmon spread w/ cream cheese and cucumbers in a pita pocket. It takes a while to make that though.

We are talking simple food.

Fishing season is almost here. I can't wait.

do you do that because the salmon is dry? I've found out that salmon is kind of dry

unless you know of a way to cook it better

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2711089 said:
do you do that because the salmon is dry? I've found out that salmon is kind of dry

unless you know of a way to cook it better

We smoke it. Most of the salmon caught in Alaska by fisherman is smoked in a smoker. We take that smoke salmon and then make a spread from it. Man is it ever tasty.

Try getting a cedar plank and put that salmon filet on it w/ lemon juice/pepper/salt and throw it in your BBQ next time. Keep an eye on it. It won't be dry and will be some of the best salmon you have ever tasted.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
My list:

Hotdogs
One of the simplest foods in the world. I love them boiled, broiled, grilled, deep fried (you have to try that!), and even in the microwave. each way of cooking yields a different taste. The topings depend on my mood, but in general, i use, mustard, ketchup, onions, relish, slaw, cheese, chilli, onions.

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwhich
Another easy to make, classic food. Strawberry jelly is probably my favorite but I also like grape and apple. Eat on of these with a bag of BBQ potato chips. I know it sounds wired, but trust me, the combination is heavenly.

Ramen Noodles
Yeah, my college days are done, but you can still find me buying these in bulk. i love them; there are so many different ways to cook them its ridiculous. If I'm in a hurry, I just eat them plain. But if i have time, I cook them with frozen vegetables (just pour in with the boling water). Add chicken stock to the water and you are good to go.

Cheese and Crackers
This is more of a snack thing, but just get a pack of crackers (doesn't matter what kind) and a pack of american cheese. Fold the cheese so that you end up with four cracker-size pieces and then put it on the crackers.

Nachos
Just get some Cheese in a jar (I like Ragu because you get more than the standard nacho cheese jars found in the chip section, but it taste just as good) and melt in the microwave for about 60 seconds. I also throw in a can of Rotel diced tomatos and peppers.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Jon88;2711085 said:
Where do you live for fishing season?

Anchorage, AK.

I fish the Kenai Penninsula pretty much weekly during the summers. It's about 3 hrs away. We are either on the Kenai river for Kings and Reds or on the Russian River for Reds.

We also fish for Silvers (Coho Salmon) out of Seward. It's more fun catching them in the ocean. We also bag our limit of halibut and red rocks (red snapper). We get out big Ling Cods as well when in season.

I will be doing some more trout fishing this year. I got into fly-fishing last summer. I love it. My buddy has a pontoon raft we float the rivers w/ and we SLAY the rainbows (12-14 lbs all day) and Dolly Vardens.

Best place in the world for fishing. ;)

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2711091 said:
I personally can't eat crap unless I want to :puke:
yeah, chips and crap doesn't sound to appealing to me either...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
JonJon;2711101 said:
My list:

Hotdogs
One of the simplest foods in the world. I love them boiled, broiled, grilled, deep fried (you have to try that!), and even in the microwave. each way of cooking yields a different taste. The topings depend on my mood, but in general, i use, mustard, ketchup, onions, relish, slaw, cheese, chilli, onions.

Another easy to make, classic food. Strawberry jelly is probably my favorite but I also like grape and apple. Eat on of these with a bag of BBQ potato chips. I know it sounds wired, but trust me, the combination is heavenly.

Ramen Noodles
Yeah, my college days are done, but you can still find me buying these in bulk. i love them; there are so many different ways to cook them its ridiculous. If I'm in a hurry, I just eat them plain. But if i have time, I cook them with frozen vegetables (just pour in with the boling water). Add chicken stock to the water and you are good to go.

Cheese and Crackers
This is more of a snack thing, but just get a pack of crackers (doesn't matter what kind) and a pack of american cheese. Fold the cheese so that you end up with four cracker-size pieces and then put it on the crackers.

Nachos
Just get some Cheese in a jar (I like Ragu because you get more than the standard nacho cheese jars found in the chip section, but it taste just as good) and melt in the microwave for about 60 seconds. I also throw in a can of Rotel diced tomatos and peppers.

I like to warm to just below boiling and put the noodles in with the flavor packs and hot sauce. Then chow down once the noodles soften. Only the beef flavor though.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas;2711108 said:
Anchorage, AK.

I fish the Kenai Penninsula pretty much weekly during the summers. It's about 3 hrs away. We are either on the Kenai river for Kings and Reds or on the Russian River for Reds.

We also fish for Silvers (Coho Salmon) out of Seward. It's more fun catching them in the ocean. We also bag our limit of halibut and red rocks (red snapper). We get out big Ling Cods as well when in season.

I will be doing some more trout fishing this year. I got into fly-fishing last summer. I love it. My buddy has a pontoon raft we float the rivers w/ and we SLAY the rainbows (12-14 lbs all day) and Dolly Vardens.

Best place in the world for fishing. ;)

That sounds awesome. Sounds like something I might want to get in on one day. Same with dove shooting in Mexico or Argentina.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JonJon;2711101 said:
Another easy to make, classic food. Strawberry jelly is probably my favorite but I also like grape and apple.
Grape is the only way to go.

Don't forget the milk.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;2711205 said:
Grape (sugar free for me :( ) and jiff smooth PB not of that chunky crap
Sugar free? What's the point? :lmao:

Oh and smoooooooooth only.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Deviled eggs. I could make a meal out of deviled eggs and never gripe.

Microwave popcorn. Sometimes there is nothing better.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2711238 said:
Deviled eggs. I could make a meal out of deviled eggs and never gripe.

Microwave popcorn. Sometimes there is nothing better.

Get your popcorn ready.

DR.WARE

Reaction score
5Stars;2711054 said:
I throw some biscuits in the oven...8 minutes.

I boil some water, 3 minutes, throw a packet of sausage gravey in the boiling water, stir it up until it gets thick...microwave 2 strips of bacon 30 seconds or so, and fry one scrambled egg!

It's all done in less then 12 minutes...tastes great!

;)

I could eat biscuits and gravey all day!

i love biscuits and gravy