Your favorite simple foods

jem88

Reaction score
daschoo;2711862 said:
never tried it. don't think anywhere still sells them to be honest with you. i know about 10 years ago all the chippies were selling them but it sounds absolutely disgusting if you ask me.
Hmmm, I was under the impression they were an institution there. I agree they sound pretty gnarly (yet I find myself curious...)

On a side note, your thoughts on Scotland dropping Barry Ferguson? I imagine you're no big fan, given that he plays for Rangers, but still a significant loss, no?

Duane

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2712056 said:
:lmao2:

Chicken Fried Spam

1 (16 ounce) can Spam, sliced about 1/2 inch thick
2 cups self rising flour, seasoned with
salt & pepper
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/8 cup hot sauce, I like Tobasco
1/8 cup milk
1/4 cup oil (for frying)

Directions
Mix eggs,milk and hot sauce in a bowl.Hot sauce does not maintain
it's heat so use how much you want.
Put flour salt and pepper in another bowl.
Heat oil in a pan to about 300 deg.I use peanut oil.
Dip Spam in egg then flour and fry til golden brown.I serve with
Chicken gravy and mashed Potatoes.
I also use this method for cube steak,fried chicken and fried green tomatoes.

I don't care who ya are..............

I'll eat Spam and egg sandwiches sometimes and it's actually pretty good. Mix the spam, egg and some fresh chopped onion along with whatever else you want - like Tabasco or Louisiana Hot Sauce. Put it between a couple of pieces of bread and that's good eating.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Duane;2712111 said:
I'll eat Spam and egg sandwiches sometimes and it's actually pretty good. Mix the spam, egg and some fresh chopped onion along with whatever else you want - like Tabasco or Louisiana Hot Sauce. Put it between a couple of pieces of bread and that's good eating.

Ahhh so basically cover up the taste of the spam as much as possible. I used to do that when I was in the Army for well everything. :laugh1:

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
jem88;2712058 said:
Hmmm, I was under the impression they were an institution there. I agree they sound pretty gnarly (yet I find myself curious...)

On a side note, your thoughts on Scotland dropping Barry Ferguson? I imagine you're no big fan, given that he plays for Rangers, but still a significant loss, no?

i will need to try it at some point, we do deep fry pizzas though if that helps?
i probably am biassed given that he plays for rangers but i really don't see it as a loss. at home to iceland we have to be playing two up front which only leaves room for two central midfielders. those two in my opinion have to be scott brown and darren fletcher. the two players in question have no-one to blame but themselves, how they thought they wouldn't get caught breaking a curfew by drinking until lunchtime in the team hotel bar i really don't know.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2712056 said:
:lmao2:

Chicken Fried Spam

1 (16 ounce) can Spam, sliced about 1/2 inch thick
2 cups self rising flour, seasoned with
salt & pepper
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/8 cup hot sauce, I like Tobasco
1/8 cup milk
1/4 cup oil (for frying)

Directions
Mix eggs,milk and hot sauce in a bowl.Hot sauce does not maintain
it's heat so use how much you want.
Put flour salt and pepper in another bowl.
Heat oil in a pan to about 300 deg.I use peanut oil.
Dip Spam in egg then flour and fry til golden brown.I serve with
Chicken gravy and mashed Potatoes.
I also use this method for cube steak,fried chicken and fried green tomatoes.

I don't care who ya are..............

spam fritters!!! love them

Duane

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2712162 said:
Ahhh so basically cover up the taste of the spam as much as possible. I used to do that when I was in the Army for well everything. :laugh1:

:laugh1:

Single man gourmet.

ethiostar

Reaction score
i forgot about homemade mac and cheese. I can eat it all day everyday.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2712162 said:

SPAM = Stuff Posing As Meat

its decent has a better taste then tofu though

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Hostile;2711238 said:
Deviled eggs. I could make a meal out of deviled eggs and never gripe.

Try this sometime.

1. Make your standard DE recipe.
  2. Refrigerate them for at least 2 hours so they set-up well.
  3. Beat together 2 eggs and 2 Tbls of water in a bowl and dredge the cold DEs in that mixture.
  4. Roll the egg-wash-dipped DEs in panko breadcrumbs.
  5. Heat about 2"-3" of a neutral flavored oil, like a canola, in a heavy bottomed skillet to 375 degrees.
  6. Fry 2-3 mins, turning gently just until the panko breadcrumbs turn a nice golden brown. Don't fry more than 3-4 at a time so you don't drop the oil temp too drastically.
  7. Drain on paper towels.
You can thank me later. :p:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Duane;2712111 said:

All over that Duane. Sounds pretty good to me.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
  1. 12oz_SaltPeanuts_1632_400px.jpg
  2. coke2.jpg

Directions:

Open both.
Add #1 to #2
Take thumb and place firmly on mouth of #2 for approximately 30 seconds.
Enjoy!

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
4 eggs and a 2 one inch cubes of cheese inside my magic bullet, onto the stove for a few minutes, and into a tortilla with sour cream. Yum.

I've had that for breakfast twice this week. Had to switch it up today and have an egg and cheese quesadilla.

:)

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;2712422 said:
Try this sometime.
  1. Make your standard DE recipe.
  2. Refrigerate them for at least 2 hours so they set-up well.
  3. Beat together 2 eggs and 2 Tbls of water in a bowl and dredge the cold DEs in that mixture.
  4. Roll the egg-wash-dipped DEs in panko breadcrumbs.
  5. Heat about 2"-3" of a neutral flavored oil, like a canola, in a heavy bottomed skillet to 375 degrees.
  6. Fry 2-3 mins, turning gently just until the panko breadcrumbs turn a nice golden brown. Don't fry more than 3-4 at a time so you don't drop the oil temp too drastically.
  7. Drain on paper towels.
You can thank me later. :p:

YOU ARE SO FAT !!! :p:

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
1/2 Cup of Egg-Beaters with 1/2 Cup sliced Fajita Chicken (I buy pre-cooked from SAMS), fried with about three table-spoons of freshly shredded parmesian cheese and thoroughly doused with Hot-Sauce and Goya Adobo Seasoning.

My mid-morning snack almost every morning. Takes about five minutes from start to sit-down.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Joe Rod;2712560 said:
1/2 Cup of Egg-Beaters with 1/2 Cup sliced Fajita Chicken (I buy pre-cooked from SAMS), fried with about three table-spoons of freshly shredded parmesian cheese and thoroughly doused with Hot-Sauce and Goya Adobo Seasoning.

My mid-morning snack almost every morning. Takes about five minutes from start to sit-down.

please do go on, sounds appetizing