Your ideal trade-back scenario

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
i wudnt oppose a trade back to early to mid teens then trading back again,to late 20s,if bth scenarios we gain an additional 2nd,i dont see much drop of in talent after top 10 through 2nd round.we cud effectively have 4 picks in the top 63 which would enable us to really add some start

so let fisher win and take a 2nd and a 3rd,then if an offer comes in for 18 and we net an additional 2nd again id roll the dice. say wentz,darian thompson and derron lee taken with 3 2nd round pcks instantly makes it a great draft and we still have a 1st n 2 3rds to use,say the 1st on the cb out of iowa and the 2 3rds on a rb and 1tech?

I don't want to take a trade that we're losing value in. Trading down to 18 for a 2 and a 3 is lopsided in St Louis' favor.

I get your idea though and I like it.

Give me a two and a 3 this year, then a 2 next year.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Lousy year to have a top 5 pick. There are no can't miss studs at top of the draft, that includes the QBs.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Now what if they love say, Carson Wentz who at the time winds valued at Top 20, and they pull a trade down to 18 netting a day 2 pick and a 2017 #1?

How does that sound

Wentz is the best of the lot from the games I watched. He'd be a steal if he falls.

KB1122

Reaction score
Our defense is playing well. Our offense is just qb-deprived. We don't have that many holes to fill. Stay put and take a blue chip talent.

KB1122

Reaction score
I'll amend my position a little. If you determine that Wentz is the best of these guys, and if he is expected to go around #10ish, then I can see trading down. If he's going in the late first round under the otherwise same scenario, I would rather trade up to get him and use the top 5 pick on another player.

Verdict

Reaction score
Pick no 4 worth 1800 points traded to Rams for pick no 18, 42, and 48 also worth 1800 points.

Rams get their Rookie QB and we get 4 top 50 talents.

That would be pretty hard to turn down unless you had someone very compelling on the board at your pick. But that is a long way to trade back as well.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
That would be pretty hard to turn down unless you had someone very compelling on the board at your pick. But that is a long way to trade back as well.

It's tough. No one else can offer multiple 2nd round picks this year. If they take a shorter trade back they probably have to take future picks.

ghst187

Reaction score
My ideal would be to trade down for a ton of picks, take Wentz, then use the extra picks to jump up and go get Elliott also.