Your most embarrassing moment as a Cowboys fan

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I thought it would be interesting to hear from the fan base as to what was their personal most embarrassing moment as a Cowboys fan. here is 2 of mine

the playoff game vs SF where we couldn’t spike the ball in time and lost the playoff game

and the 44-0 beat down by the Bears at home.

JBS

Reaction score
The blocked game winning field goal attempt - run back / face mask penalty on the return - skins win on ensuing field goal game.

I was at fed ex field that day. Never felt so embarrassed walking out of a stadium in my entire life.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
The blocked game winning field goal attempt - run back / face mask penalty on the return - skins win on ensuing field goal game.

I was at fed ex field that day. Never felt so embarrassed walking out of a stadium in my entire life.
somehow i’m not remembering that game, was this late 80’s?

Reaction score
I would have to say the divisional loss to the Giants in 2007. We had one of the most talented teams we have had. We had Romo, Crayton, TO, and Jason Witten along with a talented O line the number 3 ranked offense. Defense was midiocre but we went 13-3 and had the top seed in the NFC with our first home game against the Giants....came out completely flat and lost to the GIants.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I would have to say the divisional loss to the Giants in 2007. We had one of the most talented teams we have had. We had Romo, Crayton, TO, and Jason Witten along with a talented O line the number 3 ranked offense. Defense was midiocre but we went 13-3 and had the top seed in the NFC with our first home game against the Giants....came out completely flat and lost to the GIants.
i believe we were the #1 seed too

perrykemp

Reaction score
Regular Season

Matt Flynn game 2013. Cowboys were ahead like 26-3 at halftime and had run all over the Packers in the 1st half. JG decided to run it only 3 more times in the 2nd half and the Packers come back and win 37-36 with Flynn throwing like 4 TDs in the 2nd half.

Post-Season

Packers 48 Cowboys 32 (48-16 before the Packers put in the backups)

CowboyChris

Reaction score

2006 - Sean Taylor returned the blocked fg.,such a short kick for Vanderjagt too. What a loser. Click watch on YouTube- should work

ok now I remember, that was hardly a 15 yard face mask either

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Regular Season

Matt Flynn game 2013. Cowboys were ahead like 26-3 at halftime and had run all over the Packers in the 1st half. JG decided to run it only 3 more times in the 2nd half and the Packers come back and win 37-36 with Flynn throwing like 4 TDs in the 2nd half.

Post-Season

yea the Flynn game…totally embarrassing

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
The playoff loss to Green Bay this year broke me as a fan. I don't care who Will McCan't and his posse draft, I don't care about the Jones's free-agency sabbatical, and I certainly won't follow Camp Hypecake any longer. If I'm home on Sunday and the Cowboys are playing, sure I'll watch the s show, but that's as far as my fandom will reach anymore. The organization has pushed me into the threshold of average fan.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
So many over the years. I will give you one for each decade. Washington beating us in the NFC championship game in 1982. I lived in the suburbs of Washington as a kid so I didn’t hear the end of it. The We want Dallas chants are still in my head.

In the 90s reading in the Washington Post that Jimmy was fired by Jerry.

In 2007 the Cabo Giants loss.

2014 the Dez catch game.

2024 Green Bay playoff disaster.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Regular Season

Post-Season

I really don't put enough stock into this game to get embarrassed, but this one would be up there, if I did. Thanks for the memories! Lol

baltcowboy

Reaction score

I was at my daughter’s cheer leading competition that day. Dallas was winning most of the game. So when I got home to look at the highlights, I was like what the heck……

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Regular Season

Post-Season

How the heck did we lose that game? Wasn’t that the same year we lost to Detroit in similar fashion?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most embarrassing moment for me : Realizing many years ago this owner will never learn nor change his stubborn commitment to being in charge of everything despite the decades long evidence he is incapable in the cap era of building a championship roster.