Your non football idol/childhood hero?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Removing all people related to football(as i'm sure 90% of people here would post someone related to football, since we are after all on a football forum), who would be your biggest childhood hero/idol?

For me it is professional wrestler Shawn Michaels, followed by Rise Against lead man Tim McIlrath.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Various musicians, mostly guitarists.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Sports: Michael Jordan
Music: Eddie Van Halen
Real Life: My Family, especially my sister.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
nyc;3906823 said:
A split between Ben Franklin and George Washington.

Childhood hero? Wow, that was very mature of you. I always liked the Franklin Institute as a kid, but never considered him my hero.

Stautner

Reaction score
Hostile;3906807 said:
Nolan Ryan.

Yeagermeister;3906809 said:
My father

I'm more in line with you guys.

My dad is my all-time hero, although I can't really say he was when I was a kid. As is too often the casel, as a kid I was too stupid to see things clearly.

In general I was more enamored with baseball players than football players. Nolan fits the bill, although I was a little older (upper teens) when I really became a fan of his. Aaron, Mays, Brooks Robinson, George Brett and Lou Brock were some of my favorites.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Steve Garvey. Pete Rose.

Both have let me down.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CowboyDan;3906832 said:
Childhood hero? Wow, that was very mature of you. I always liked the Franklin Institute as a kid, but never considered him my hero.

I've been into American History since I was very young. I got one of those posters when I was four that listed all the presidents. My mom and grandparents used to tell me about them and many times brought up Ben Franklin. I started to study about them while still in grade school. Both of those men where extraordinary by any standard.

Read these two books.

Both are extremely well written books. Walter Isaacson is a incredibly good writer. He is in the process of writing the first Steve Jobs *authorized* biography. Even though I can't stand the man and the fact that it's authorized which means he will have complete and utter control of every word, letter, and punctuation mark put in the book, I may just have to read it anyhow. Isaacson's literary skills are that good in my opinion. I don't blame Jobs for letting Isaacson be the one to write it.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
nyc;3906842 said:
I've been into American History since I was very young. I got one of those posters when I was four that listed all the presidents. My mom and grandparents used to tell me about them and many times brought up Ben Franklin. I started to study about them while still in grade school. Both of those men where extraordinary by any standard.

Read these two books.
Both are extremely well written books. Walter Isaacson is a incredibly good writer. He is in the process of writing the first Steve Jobs *authorized* biography. Even though I can't stand the man and the fact that it's authorized which means he will have complete and utter control of every word, letter, and punctuation mark put in the book, I may just have to read it anyhow. Isaacson's literary skills are that good in my opinion. I don't blame Jobs for letting Isaacson be the one to write it.

Cool, thanks for the suggestions...I'm always looking for good books to read.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Stautner;3906834 said:
I'm more in line with you guys.

My dad is my all-time hero, although I can't really say he was when I was a kid. As is too often the case, as a kid I was too stupid to see things clearly.

My father barely had an 8th grade education and busted his butt all of his life to make a living mainly driving a dump truck. i've learned more from him than any school.....a lot of it by learning from his mistakes. :laugh2:

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
49555062.jpg

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Danny White;3906969 said:

Love it! My favorite show growing up!

Wonder when they took that picture.....no 01 on the door and the passenger door is open.....the General's doors were supposedly welded shut for racing.