Your pick at 10. CB or TE?

If these players are there at #10, who are you picking?

• Kyle Pitts

• Patrick Surtain II / Jaycee Horn

Results are only viewable after voting.

JBS

Reaction score
Good poll

Pitts is the only offensive player I even consider drafting..tough call..depends what the board looks like..if Pitts is significantlly higher, I'd take him..if it's marginal, I'd take a cb

Absolutely no way I'm taking an OT

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
For those who say Pitts, don't we constantly complain how Jerry goes for flash, when he needs substance? Pitts may be the top dog as far as talent, but he would still be the flashy pick, the "wow look what he can do" player. I just hope Jerry doesn't go for flash at 10, and looks at the defense he had last year....

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
For those who say Pitts, don't we constantly complain how Jerry goes for flash, when he needs substance? Pitts may be the top dog as far as talent, but he would still be the flashy pick, the "wow look what he can do" player. I just hope Jerry doesn't go for flash at 10, and looks at the defense he had last year....

B.P.A.

Gaede

Reaction score
Good poll

Pitts is the only offensive player I even consider drafting..tough call..depends what the board looks like..if Pitts is significantlly higher, I'd take him..if it's marginal, I'd take a cb

Absolutely no way I'm taking an OT

I agree with this. I am scratching OT off our list. Both tackles are projected to come back. And you don't take a guard at 10.

Im losing interest in drafting a TE at 10 though. So unless Pitts is a top 4 talent on the board and the CBs are close, skip him and go CB.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Look at it this way. You have two cars in your family of husband and wife. Wife's car is a 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe with a V-6. Husband's car is a 2001 Chevy pickup with 300,000 miles on it, radio doesn't work, heater doesn't work, leaks oil and gets 8 mpg on gas.

So what do you do - trade in the Tahoe for a 2021 model with a V-8 and keep the 2001 pickup?

Or keep the Tahoe and get a 2011 pickup that doesn't have tons of issues? Me? I'm getting a newer truck.

The V-6 Tahoe will get you there in fine style, the V-8 just a bit faster. Whereas the pickup may not even get you to the end of your block. And if you need to haul dirt or your 4-wheeler, the Tahoe's fine style won't get the job done. You need a truck for that.

In the Cowboys' case the offense is the Tahoe and the defense is the pickup.

Now that's my reasoning. Is it right? Don't really care, it's mine....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Great.

If your team is well stocked on all 3 phases of the game. But the Cowboys aren't.

When did the bpa work for Dallas? When Dorsett was selected. When Haley was signed. Both of the teams prior to those players arrival was very, very good. Just needed that one top dog to put them "over the top". This team's hardly on the foothills...

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great.

If your team is well stocked on all 3 phases of the game. But the Cowboys aren't.

When did the bpa work for Dallas? When Dorsett was selected. When Haley was signed. Both of the teams prior to those players arrival was very, very good. Just needed that one top dog to put them "over the top". This team's hardly on the foothills...
If your team is "hardly on the foothills" and isn't one player away, then what you need is lots of talent. Why would you take a lesser talent if you don't even have the "one player away" argument to fall back on? The first draft pick is just one player, after all.

The other way to look at it is, if you're "hardly on the foothills," you're not competing for the SB this year. And you really have no idea what your needs will be next year and the year after: these things change incredibly fast. So take the talent.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Pitts is there, I'm either taking him or taking the knock-your-socks-off trade offer that I will surely be getting. If one of the QBs is there, I'm hoping for a good trade offer too. Otherwise, BPA, whether it's OT, CB or LB. If it's WR, I'll really be hoping for a good trade, but I probably will pass on him.