Your preferred choice - Gallup and Schultz or Cooper?

RoboQB

Reaction score
You’re whole argument is fantasy. Just imagining situations where Amari Cooper is actually better than he is. First you blame the QB. Then you blame the OC. Then it’s the scheme. Then he creates these magical opportunities for his team. Give me a freakin break. You see what you want to see.

What I don't see is Amari not running routes and not catching passes thrown his way.
When your top WR is 38-39th in targets, how is he at fault for having low stats?

You'd like to think your $40 million QB would throw to your $20 million WR.
Newsflash! He can't throw the ball to himself.

Like I said before, I will defer to a HOF SB MVP 3-time champion on how the
game should be played week to week.

Loso86

Reaction score
It looks to me like that’s what it came down to based on the salary cap. The Cowboys had to choose between keeping Cooper or the combination of Gallup and Schultz. Clearly we see what Dallas chose, what would your preference have been?

I definitely would have kept Cooper.
Honestly Gallup and Schultz, I really like Coop but in the grand scheme of things I get why they did it

Malhavoc

Reaction score
What I don't see is Amari not running routes and not catching passes thrown his way.
When your top WR is 38-39th in targets, how is he at fault for having low stats?

You'd like to think your $40 million QB would throw to your $20 million WR.
Newsflash! He can't throw the ball to himself.

Like I said before, I will defer to a HOF SB MVP 3-time champion on how the
game should be played week to week.
You have all the excuses for the dude. And next year when he doesn’t have great #’s it will be Mayfield’s fault.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Nobody said he was worth 20 million ,You said he wasn't as good or better...lol
You were wrong.. lol
Do you need help ? The whole point of this thread is that Coopers’s performance isn’t worth his 20 m per year contract. I don’t think he’s remotely worth that money. And I’d take a bunch of WR’s over him because they’re just as good or better AND they don’t cost 20 m per year.

RoboQB

Reaction score
You have all the excuses for the dude. And next year when he doesn’t have great #’s it will be Mayfield’s fault.

Well, yes silly.
Do you not understand the fundamentals of the game?
The QB is responsible for getting the ball to his playmakers.
How many WRs in the league can't catch? Not many, right?
I mean, if he's not running routes, or fumbles a lot, sure it's the WRs fault.

Take a moment and think about what you're saying.

Dre11

Reaction score
Do you need help ? The whole point of this thread is that Coopers’s performance isn’t worth his 20 m per year contract. I don’t think he’s remotely worth that money. And I’d take a bunch of WR’s over him because they’re just as good or better AND they don’t cost 20 m per year.

No you do, you made the comment did you not? What you said here has nothing to do with his contract.

". I wish Cooper was all these things you imagine he is. The reality is he’s not. The fact that you talk about including Metcalf with Lockett to equal Cooper shows me how delusional you are."

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Well, yes silly.
Do you not understand the fundamentals of the game?
The QB is responsible for getting the ball to his playmakers.
How many WRs in the league can't catch? Not many, right?
I mean, if he's not running routes, or fumbles a lot, sure it's the WRs fault.

Take a moment and think about what you're saying.
Don’t need a moment. Like I said you have excuses. Excuses for why he wasn’t a better player. And you’ll make excuses for him next year when he doesn’t produce again. And the answer will be he’s just not that good.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Don’t need a moment. Like I said you have excuses. Excuses for why he wasn’t a better player. And you’ll make excuses for him next year when he doesn’t produce again. And the answer will be he’s just not that good.

Well then, based on what you said, you're an idiot.

OBJ is a prime example of how having a QB throw the ball in his direction.
He goes to LA and magically becomes a star again.
Now, think really hard on this. What changed?

My guess is, for you, it's personal. If not, then you're just dumb.
A WR cannot be productive unless the QB is throwing the ball to him.

Good day and good luck making your way through life... smh/wow!

RoboQB

Reaction score
Meanwhile we just gave $62.5 million to a one-legged WR.
That's $12.5 per year.

Actually, I like Gallup. But it's funny.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
No you do, you made the comment did you not? What you said here has nothing to do with his contract.

". I wish Cooper was all these things you imagine he is. The reality is he’s not. The fact that you talk about including Metcalf with Lockett to equal Cooper shows me how delusional you are."
Omg. I believe Cooper is not worth 20 m per year. I believe it was a good move to trade him because we got 16 m in cap relief. I believe he is very replaceable. You obviously believe he is worth that money because that’s what the whole argument is about.

Dre11

Reaction score
Omg. I believe Cooper is not worth 20 m per year. I believe it was a good move to trade him because we got 16 m in cap relief. I believe he is very replaceable. You obviously believe he is worth that money because that’s what the whole argument is about.

Lol I never said he was worth 20 ever in this thread, but you did reference Lockett and DK.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Lol I never said he was worth 20 ever in this thread, but you did reference Lockett and DK.
And I’d take both of them over Cooper. It’s done. Gallup been re-signed and Cooper is gone. Won’t waste any more time on the dude.