Your reaction with a back-7 pick at 24

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Would you lose your mind, or are already numb, possible excited maybe if we came away with either or LB/DB with day one?
Daxton Hill
Devon Loyd
Just asking if one of those slipped would you be upset with either at that pick.
I prefer trenches either side first, but I cant dismiss that someone gets there that shouldnt be.
Guess Im a patient fisherman in this draft.

Flamma

Reaction score
Would you lose your mind, or are already numb, possible excited maybe if we came away with either or LB/DB with day one?
Daxton Hill
Devon Loyd
Just asking if one of those slipped would you be upset with either at that pick.
I prefer trenches either side first, but I cant dismiss that someone gets there that shouldnt be.

I would not mind a Devon Lloyd pick. I encourage it. But Hill? Isn't he a safety? And I have him as a late first round, early 2nd round pick. I think he goes in the second.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would love Dean or Loyd.

I would be shocked if it was Hill as they seem to not put as much value at S but that might be different with Quinn,

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I would not mind a Devon Lloyd pick. I encourage it. But Hill? Isn't he a safety? And I have him as a late first round, early 2nd round pick. I think he goes in the second.
True, and Hamilton would be the choice but he will go top ten or near.
Cine could be @ 24 there also.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Daxton Hill
Devon Loyd
Id be very happy with Hill.

Wouldn't be happy with Elam at 24, but Id be very happy if we traded out and landed him. He is going to be a very good player. I just dont know if he is #24 good. I like Gordon alot for his upside, but I think he goes higher

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
It's more about the player than the position.

Dax Hill, LFG.
Elam, ehhh, really like the player but that means bad news for Joseph.
Andrew Booth, same.
Lloyd, just don't care for him.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Id be very happy with Hill.

Wouldn't be happy with Elam at 24, but Id be very happy if we traded out and landed him. He is going to be a very good player. I just dont know if he is #24 good. I like Gordon alot for his upside, but I think he goes higher
There will be choices with OL, DB, S, LB, WR, good value in the later tier 1st round.
I could entertain a trade back if I still come away with an OL and can get a Dean as well.
This might be a good a draft as ever to consider grabbing two again.
We traded back for Parsons and I believe the net gain was the Osa pick but I could be wrong, feel free to correct me.

Flamma

Reaction score
True, and Hamilton would be the choice but he will go top ten or near.
Cine could be @ 24 there also.

We'd have to trade up for someone like Hamilton or J. Davis. If OL Cross happens to fall to 13 or 14, he should be the pick.

I believe we can get a starting OL in the 2nd. But if we trade up and not pick an OL, we won't have a 2nd, and have to pick one up in the 3rd. Which kind of pushes everything back.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Its draft eve Mods, cmon fellas, cant we talk draft on eve of draft without still getting moved.
:D

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We'd have to trade up for someone like Hamilton or J. Davis. If OL Cross happens to fall to 13 or 14, he should be the pick.

I believe we can get a starting OL in the 2nd. But if we trade up and not pick an OL, we won't have a 2nd, and have to pick one up in the 3rd. Which kind of pushes everything back.
No way I want to see a trade up in this draft.
If we see that move, than you know its still JJ and SJ drinking while drafting again.

JBS

Reaction score
I’d take

dean, Lloyd, Hill, Hamilton (trade up), all before either of the OGs

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Daxton Hill
Devon Loyd

I can say I'm really not interested in it, so we'll probably pick one.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Daxton Hill
Devon Loyd

As a general concept, no problem. If there was a Micah Parsons type LB then I would trade up for him. If there is a Revis type CB then no problem.

The issue is that there is not a Parsons type LB or Revis type DB in this draft.

It is debatable if Lloyd will be the best LB from this draft.

The position for Dax Hill is a question mark. His physical ability/size is similar to a CB but his college playing style sometimes resembled a LB. Sometimes that type of versatility is awesome (Micah Parsons) but more often it is jack of all trades, master of none.

Lloyd and Hill would be nice to have on the roster but relative to other options I'm skeptical.

Neither is on a tier above Zion or a couple of other OL options likely available at #24, IMO.