Your reaction with a back-7 pick at 24

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Almost 100% certain they will move up.
You are taking the bait from the talking heads.

Have they made any big trade ups in the 1st since McClay got the top talent evaluator job in 2014?

The Stephen Jones approach seems more like to trade down. He loves mid round picks.

JBS

Reaction score
You are taking the bait from the talking heads.

Have they made any big trade ups in the 1st since McClay got the top talent evaluator job in 2014?

The Stephen Jones approach seems more like to trade down. He loves mid round picks.

I know how Jerry operates. He’s been in the mud all offseason. He’s itching for a splash. He’s 100% already made up his mind he’s moving up.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
As a general concept, no problem. If there was a Micah Parsons type LB then I would trade up for him. If there is a Revis type CB then no problem.

The issue is that there is not a Parsons type LB or Revis type DB in this draft.

It is debatable if Lloyd will be the best LB from this draft.

The position for Dax Hill is a question mark. His physical ability/size is similar to a CB but his college playing style sometimes resembled a LB. Sometimes that type of versatility is awesome (Micah Parsons) but more often it is jack of all trades, master of none.

Lloyd and Hill would be nice to have on the roster but relative to other options I'm skeptical.

Neither is on a tier above Zion or a couple of other OL options likely available at #24, IMO.
Im with you, would prefer Linderbaum, Zion Johnson first, but presentation is presentation.
Like you said, and what I was alluding to,,, if that "Parsons" situation is staring you down, than Im not upset with it.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know how Jerry operates. He’s been in the mud all offseason. He’s itching for a splash. He’s 100% already made up his mind he’s moving up.
2020 was the debacle season...why is he "in the mud" now but not last year?

visionary

Reaction score
I would hate it

Don’t get cute
There is great value at OL and DL or trade down

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
Would you lose your mind, or are already numb, possible excited maybe if we came away with either or LB/DB with day one?
Daxton Hill
Devon Loyd
Just asking if one of those slipped would you be upset with either at that pick.
I prefer trenches either side first, but I cant dismiss that someone gets there that shouldnt be.
Guess Im a patient fisherman in this draft.
Lloyd would not upset me at all

JBS

Reaction score
2020 was the debacle season...why is he "in the mud" now but not last year?
I guess you haven’t heard any of the off field incidents smearing this franchise all offseason

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Would you lose your mind, or are already numb, possible excited maybe if we came away with either or LB/DB with day one?
Daxton Hill
Devon Loyd
Just asking if one of those slipped would you be upset with either at that pick.
I prefer trenches either side first, but I cant dismiss that someone gets there that shouldnt be.
Guess Im a patient fisherman in this draft.
Man Typhus we need OLINE help desperately
I will be disappointed if we don't nab one at 24.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Man Typhus we need OLINE help desperately
I will be disappointed if we don't nab one at 24.
While this is true, I believe that in this draft we will see OL valued more league wide than we have witnessed in the past.
Im looking at the surprise situation of having some unexpected OL taken before we pick if we stay put at 24.
Hope Im wrong and we have our choice of a couple equal grade OL still available, but this day one is going to be heavier on OL than most believe I feel.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
While this is true, I believe that in this draft we will see OL valued more league wide than we have witnessed in the past.
Im looking at the surprise situation of having some unexpected OL taken before we pick if we stay put at 24.
Hope Im wrong and we have our choice of a couple equal grade OL still available, but this day one is going to be heavier on OL than most believe I feel.
Like oline, let's see how it plays out.