Your Special Sammich

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am a Foodie, don't know what I'd do without it. But The Sammich holds a special place in my Foodiedom because of the variety of ingredients you can make it with and it's all right there in one delicious package.

What is your favorite special sammich that you can share with us and it doesn't have to be one you make but one you order with a little twist that the rest of us might not have considered.

I lived in Harrisburg, PA for 3 years and there was this Italian restaurant/sports bar called Nick Cantone's. Most of the recipes were from Nick's Mom but he did create some of his own and one was the Hot Sicilian. It might be the best sammich I ever ate.

Start with a Hoagie or Kaiser roll and toast it.
On the bottom put ham, Serrano if you can find it, sweet capicola, hot capicola, hard salami, pepperoni, cooked crispy bacon and lay provolone on top of that.
Put that is a warm oven, not hot, you're looking to heat the cold cuts through and melt the cheese.
Put Dijon mustard on the top bun and put that on top of the sammich about a minute before it's ready and press down lightly.

The first time I had one, I had to stop after the first bite and just let that resonate in my mouth. He would also replace the mustard with marinara and that was good but the Dijon really was the crowning touch on my king of sammiches.

So what's your favorite?

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Muffuletta on Italian bread with olive salad, salami, ham, mortadella, provolone, and mozz drizzled in red wine vinegar. I also make a really mean French Dip with au jus.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
th

Whatever they have on sale.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Muffuletta on Italian bread with olive salad, salami, ham, mortadella, provolone, and mozz drizzled in red wine vinegar. I also make a really mean French Dip with au jus.
Love me some Muffs but I don't make them because I can't find the bread. There used to be a N'Awlins restaurant in Dallas called Dodies II and he had his bread shipped in form Central and Progressive in NO, both of which claim to have created it.

Jason's Deli comes close but their bread is too thick.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Love me some Muffs but I don't make them because I can't find the bread. There used to be a N'Awlins restaurant in Dallas called Dodies II and he had his bread shipped in form Central and Progressive in NO, both of which claim to have created it.

Jason's Deli comes close but their bread is too thick.

Central Grocery is where I had my first. I think that Cochon Butcher in CBD is the best in town though. I can't duplicate or find the exact bread so I have to just improvise and get as close as I can. SAMS actually makes a pretty good Italian bread loaf.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Prosciutto di parma with fresh mozzarella, lettuce tomatoes and a very light spread of Hellmann's mayo on freshly baked Italian bread.

Same sandwich but instead of the Prosciutto you can go with Hungarian Salami, or a very thinly sliced ham preferably Thuman's ham.

When "dieting" i go with a low salt turkey and instead of Italian bread i go with a wrap. No mayo with less cheese.

MANGIARE!

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am a Foodie, don't know what I'd do without it. But The Sammich holds a special place in my Foodiedom because of the variety of ingredients you can make it with and it's all right there in one delicious package.

What is your favorite special sammich that you can share with us and it doesn't have to be one you make but one you order with a little twist that the rest of us might not have considered.

I lived in Harrisburg, PA for 3 years and there was this Italian restaurant/sports bar called Nick Cantone's. Most of the recipes were from Nick's Mom but he did create some of his own and one was the Hot Sicilian. It might be the best sammich I ever ate.

Start with a Hoagie or Kaiser roll and toast it.
On the bottom put ham, Serrano if you can find it, sweet capicola, hot capicola, hard salami, pepperoni, cooked crispy bacon and lay provolone on top of that.
Put that is a warm oven, not hot, you're looking to heat the cold cuts through and melt the cheese.
Put Dijon mustard on the top bun and put that on top of the sammich about a minute before it's ready and press down lightly.

The first time I had one, I had to stop after the first bite and just let that resonate in my mouth. He would also replace the mustard with marinara and that was good but the Dijon really was the crowning touch on my king of sammiches.

So what's your favorite?

That is pretty much mine except I use prosciutto instead of the salami and pepperoni. No rabbit food on it either :cool:

lukin2006

Reaction score
When I was a kid it was PB&J...now I am not a big sandwich person. But a ham sandwich smothered in french's yellow mustard is great.

I also love lefty over turkey for sandwiches.