Houston
Sugarland-forgot her name
Etta James

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No love for Joplin, Dion, Parton, Turner or Nicks.

Something about Stevie Nicks never really worked for me but she is normally up there with female voices. Same for Celine Dion... Not my thing but many consider her as great.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Wendy O Willams/Courtney Luv,,,o_O
:lmao:,,,Just mucking it up with total B.S.

Debra Harry
Crissy Hind
Patsy Cline
June Carter-Cash
Ella Fitzgerald

( I've 'placed' 5 female vocalists not in a structured order of rank, but 5 of my preferred in no order,,,as this is purely subjective to the personal likes,,, Tracy Chapman and Stevie Nicks could have very easily been in the above mentioned '5')

haleyrules

Reaction score
Wendy O Willams/Courtney Luv,,,o_O
:lmao:,,,Just mucking it up with total B.S.

Debra Harry
Crissy Hind
Patsy Cline
June Carter-Cash
Ella Fitzgerald

( I've 'placed' 5 female vocalists not in a structured order of rank, but 5 of my preferred in no order,,,as this is purely subjective to the personal likes,,, Tracy Chapman and Stevie Nicks could have very easily been in the above mentioned '5')
Patsy Cline..I almost picked her and yeah Chapman was a favourite too. Carter had a strong voice as well.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
No love for Joplin, Dion, Parton, Turner or Nicks.

Something about Stevie Nicks never really worked for me but she is normally up there with female voices. Same for Celine Dion... Not my thing but many consider her as great.

Ya, Janice and Tina could get with it :thumbup: and squall,,, Dolly Parton can, Too!

Melonfeud

Reaction score
yeah, Bonnie had/has a very strong,sweet voice. You ever listen to any of the old,old Billy Holiday noise? Sweet voice, but largely forgotten.
Only what I've caught on T.V. ( from movies) as I can't honestly say I've ever sat down and listened, knowing its her singing,,,, Ella Fitzgerald isn't hard to pick up on and identify with it being her, if you know what I'm getting at?

diefree666

Reaction score
Performers or singers? See that is the difference. Singers - its about the voice. Performers- its about the song.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Performers or singers? See that is the difference. Singers - its about the voice. Performers- its about the song.
But when a 'singer' is 'performing' a ' song' thusly showcasing their pipes is where the mustard gets cut!,,,o_O

:lmao: I kinda' see where you're coming from 666 but the O.P. significantly says 'singers' ,,, kinda' tough to 'sing' without 'performing',,, maybe TRACY CHAPMAN is the clear cut #1:cool:

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Listen to some Carolyn Wonderland if you get a chance. I doubt many here have heard of her because she's a local Texas musician. To me she's a mix of Janis Joplin and Bonnie Raitt. She's definitely about blues and has the big voice of Janis, and might be a better blues guitarist than Bonnie. She'd have been in my top 5 but I doubted anybody had ever heard of her. I've seen her live about 4 times now and I'm blown away each time.