You're Will McClay, on the clock at #34 . . .

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Robert Nkemdiche and Derrick Henry are both still on the board. Who are you selecting, and why?

DuDa

Reaction score
I would select neither but I'll play the game and say Nkemdiche. He is a true freak athlete and he worth a second to find out if you can get him close to his potential.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
well nkemdiche is off my board due to red flags so I'm not drafting him, and Henry is a 3rd rounder for me.

So I'm not drafting either of them at 34

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
well nkemdiche is off my board due to red flags so I'm not drafting him, and Henry is a 3rd rounder for me.

So I'm not drafting either of them at 34

Play the game. No red flags - look at it in a vacuum.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Robert Nkemdiche and Derrick Henry are both still on the board. Who are you selecting, and why?

Robert Nkemdiche.

Henry just isn't special enough and we could probably find someone later on that can meet his production or be even better.

It would be a lot harder for us to find a pressure player at DT later on.

Since our defense is pretty basic we desperately need guys who can get to the QB.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
I'll take the DL because if we haven't addressed RB yet. I'm waiting on Wendell Smallwood in the 5-6th who can back up Morris and Dmc or possibly take a spot.

Aven8

Reaction score
Henry. We've already paid Crawford. Henry will bring this team back to its only winning formula of Garrett's tenure.

conner01

Reaction score
Got to know who was taken at 4 to give a good answer. I think Wentz, tunsil and Ramsey go 1,2,3 and I think we take Bosa at 4. With that I go DT or CB there depending on the talent with each position, maybe even a WR if someone falls. I'm not taking a RB at 34 myself because as much as I like Henry I'm not using the 34th pick on a player who will be gone when second contract comes along

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Robert Nkemdiche.

Henry just isn't special enough and we could probably find someone later on that can meet his production or be even better.

It would be a lot harder for us to find a pressure player at DT later on.

Since our defense is pretty basic we desperately need guys who can get to the QB.

Same logic here. I think the boom potential for Nkemdiche is sky high, whereas Derrick Henry will top out as Brandon Jacobs.

Nkemdiche could top out as Jared Allen, Michael Strahan, etc. type with his talent. I'd rather roll the dice on him becoming an impact pressure player than roll the dice on a running back who will never see a second contract from this team.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hard decision to make for various reasons.

1. RN is a freak of nature athletic wise. If you can get him to play to his potential you have a killer DT who can make a world of difference. Only problem is you have a knucklehead who was on drugs, fell out of an apartment building, threw his team mates u under the bus saying they were there and if you look at his career on tape he plays sometimes and other times just seems to be in the way by taking plays off. Just don't know what you are getting with him.

2. DH - You can get other RBs in the draft and even though it might not be fair to him you have to factor in that he played at Bama and most bama backs have not done as well in the pros and have also been used up more than other backs from other schools.

You can get both RBs and DTs later in the draft. However after last year do we really want to risk missing on a RB and thinking we would take one later only to keep missing on them later until we have no RBs at all.
By the same token...at the very least we have Alfred Morris this season going into the season compared to not having him last year and going FA and trades all through the season.

I think you go with RN.

Even if he is not a full time starter on the D line, his rotation in can help this Defense tremendously. I also happen to think you can get a good as RB in Dixon or Booker compared to Henry. I think the tie breaker is probably the idea that you have Morris here just in case you don't get a RB in the first few rounds, if push comes to shove you can get a RB later in the round even if that means just hedging your bets on Dunbar staying healthy.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Play the game. No red flags - look at it in a vacuum.

In a vacuum as a player, of course I'm taking nkemdiche.

I'm taking Jack and then nkemdiche at 34 and trying to recreate the bucs 95 draft when they took sapp and brooks.

But nkemdiche scares me based off what we've heard. Hard to look past those issues, it's why he's not a top 10 pick like his talent suggests.