YouTube Gets A Vuvuzela Button

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
It appears the pranksters at Google at are it again.

Here is a link to a randomly picked Youtube video (Swagger Wagon) Click the soccer ball and prepared to be annoyed! :laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hostile;3442250 said:
I don't get it.

It's just geeks being geeks. Those stupid horns are popular right now, so Google is just having fun with it.

Nothing to get, just all in fun.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
nyc;3442261 said:
It's just geeks being geeks. Those stupid horns are popular right now, so Google is just having fun with it.

Nothing to get, just all in fun.
Horns? Soccer balls? Vuvu???

I don't know what you are talking about in any of this.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;3442405 said:

Well I don't watch soccer either but they were talking about it on some show so I figured it out.

Some countries fans at the games have been blowing these plastic horns VuVus or whatever they are called. So, there are so many blowing these things that it is annoying a bunch of people and some of the coverages on TV is being drowned out the by the sound of those things. It sounds like some kind of cheesy 50's movie where aliens or a horde of locusts are attacking.

So as a joke Google added a Soccer ball icon/button on the youtube videos. You can click them and all you hear is the sound of those horns going and it drowns out the video.

Hope that makes sense.

Go to youtube and click on any video.

One the video...look at the bottom tool bar where it shows the time. Now look to the right of it and you will see a little soccer ball...play the video and click on the soccer ball.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
What BP said. In South Africa it's a tradition to blow these horns called a Vuvuzela during soccer games. It basically sounds like a swarm of bees or something and everyone blows them through the whole game.

Well, if you turn on a World Cup game, you will hear it. It's an extremely annoying sound and it never freaking stops!

I didn't realize you were completely out of the loop concerning these! It's all almost everyone is talking about. (besides the games themselves)

Down with the Vuvuzela!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3442417 said:
Well I don't watch soccer either but they were talking about it on some show so I figured it out.

Some countries fans at the games have been blowing these plastic horns VuVus or whatever they are called. So, there are so many blowing these things that it is annoying a bunch of people and some of the coverages on TV is being drowned out the by the sound of those things. It sounds like some kind of cheesy 50's movie where aliens or a horde of locusts are attacking.

So as a joke Google added a Soccer ball icon/button on the youtube videos. You can click them and all you hear is the sound of those horns going and it drowns out the video.

Hope that makes sense.

One the video...look at the bottom tool bar where it shows the time. Now look to the right of it and you will see a little soccer ball...play the video and click on the soccer ball.
Okay, so it is a horn that soccer fans play. No wonder I have no clue. I didn't see a soccer ball, but now I do.

I am so sheltered.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
nyc;3442424 said:
What BP said. In South Africa it's a tradition to blow these horns called a Vuvuzela during soccer games. It basically sounds like a swarm of bees or something and everyone blows them through the whole game.

Well, if you turn on a World Cup game, you will hear it. It's an extremely annoying sound and it never freaking stops!

I didn't realize you were completely out of the loop concerning these! It's all almost everyone is talking about. (besides the games themselves)

Down with the Vuvuzela!
Not much chance of that.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Maybe this will help explain it.

[youtube]LXt2KcUv7Yk[/youtube]

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;3442425 said:
Okay, so it is a horn that soccer fans play. No wonder I have no clue. I didn't see a soccer ball, but now I do.

I am so sheltered.

Sometimes sheltered is a good thing. I just can't see myself sitting for around 90 minutes to see one goal scored like in this last USA win. I will just catch the 15 second highlight and say...Go USA.:laugh2:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AmarilloCowboyFan;3442429 said:
Maybe this will help explain it.

[youtube]LXt2KcUv7Yk[/youtube]

:laugh2: :laugh1: :lmao2:

67CowboysFan

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3442440 said:
Sometimes sheltered is a good thing. I just can't see myself sitting for around 90 minutes to see one goal scored like in this last USA win. I will just catch the 15 second highlight and say...Go USA.:laugh2:
I understand that. If I had to endure 90 mins of listening to those horns you'd have to place me on suicide watch.

Phoenix

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3442417 said:

Hope that makes sense.

Here ya go :)

YouTube%20Vuzuzela_doomsday_604x341.JPG

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Hostile;3442405 said:

Consider yourself blessed.

Football will start in a month and all will be right in the world.