Youtube nerd stat

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do like when you are viewing a video on youtube (depending on the platform)you have an option to view stats for nerds as they call it.

However there is some other setting that I recently noticed

I have used the Youtube Premium option for a few years. For those that are not familiar. It is not the full scale Youtube TV that has cable channels. What it is however it makes youtube ad free, gives you free access to youtube music and a few other options that are not that special.
The best thing is the ad free option. We cut the cord a few years ago. I keep netflix as a steady streaming service and I will rotate others but normally only have to paid options not including Youtube premium.

However the wife and I watch a large amount of youtube. She rarely watches the other streaming services unless we are watching something together.

With that said, back to the original topic before i started babbling on.

While in Youtube on my laptop. I clicked on the avatar that also opens up the account settings.
Clicked on the Your Premium Benefits

There it shows some stats...like number of videos you downloaded to watch later
Number of hours you listened to youtube music service...which is kind of silly as the have music on regular youtube videos.

However the number/stat that really caught my eye and I found interesting was the number of hours of watched of ad free videos aka hours of videos watched as a Youtube Premium member.

My total was 12.360 hours of video.

Just thought that was cool to have that stat.

Initially I thought it was some crazy amount of time, and it is a good deal. But that breaks down to 515 days. Which is under two years of total time. Seeing that the wife and I watch youtube a good deal and sometimes at the same time but different videos on other devices....it is not that much seeing as we also have probably cut the cord around five or so years ago.

I know I know. It probably bores a great deal of you but I just like little geeky/nerdy things like that. Where you have not noticed it before even if it was probably there a long time.

I get this way sometimes on a phone when I fine something new in the software even though I have been using it for years.