YouTube TV hikes price to $64.99 per month following new channel additions

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When these online services start adding more content.
When the other cable groups (viacom channels or others) realize people are moving to online tv providers.

The price will go up.

It's not if it is When.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
So they are basically just becoming the cable/satellite companies.:thumbdown:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Will regular YouTube start charging? I can ignore the ads pretty much.
Me halfway house won't let me spend capital on entertainment subscriptions.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
So they are basically just becoming the cable/satellite companies.:thumbdown:

Sadly, it's getting there. I really like YTTV but if/when I decide to get live streaming service again I'll be looking elsewhere most likely.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
When these online services start adding more content.
When the other cable groups (viacom channels or others) realize people are moving to online tv providers.

The price will go up.

It's not if it is When.

The ones with the strongest IPs will be able to keep their prices lower, but will drive their costs up once the others fall to the wayside.

It’s going to be interesting

DanteEXT

Reaction score
fubo is increasing their prices by $5. Same price as YTTV now. It's definitely looking like "cord cutting" is only going to save you money if you go antenna maybe supplemented with Hulu plus, Netflix, D+, Prime or some combination of those in the future. Or course you'll have to give up a lot of sports options, at least legal watching.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every time a new business model comes out, the first thing I ask myself is, "I wonder how long before they turn into what they claim to hate".

I think some businesses start out with noble intentions and others plan to bait-and-switch from the start.

In the end, they are counting on most consumers being too complacent (aka: lazy) to change.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Every time a new business model comes out, the first thing I ask myself is, "I wonder how long before they turn into what they claim to hate".

I think some businesses start out with noble intentions and others plan to bait-and-switch from the start.

In the end, they are counting on most consumers being too complacent (aka: lazy) to change.
The only price difference in the end is going to end up being equipment/boxes. If cable companies didn't charge monthly to lease the equipment, the costs would almost be the same.

HungryLion

Reaction score

I always dread my annual call to Comcast where I have to talk to them on the phone (after waiting on hold for an hour) to get my bill lowered again because my “package ran out”.

actually I am overdue for that by a couple months because I haven’t bothered doing it yet.

your post is spot on.