1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

YouTube TV hikes price to $64.99 per month following new channel additions

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by DanteEXT, Jun 30, 2020 at 1:55 PM.

1. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

2,930 Messages
    1,190 Likes Received
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Admin

73,484 Messages
    28,600 Likes Received
    When these online services start adding more content.
    When the other cable groups (viacom channels or others) realize people are moving to online tv providers.

The price will go up.

It's not if it is When.

dogunwo, dreghorn2 and Nova like this.
  3. YosemiteSam

YosemiteSam Unfriendly and Aloof!

46,248 Messages
    22,564 Likes Received
    Switch from being a couch potato to a hobbyist.

4. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

30,835 Messages
    13,904 Likes Received
    So they are basically just becoming the cable/satellite companies.:thumbdown:

5. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

26,709 Messages
    9,773 Likes Received
    Will regular YouTube start charging? I can ignore the ads pretty much.
    Me halfway house won't let me spend capital on entertainment subscriptions.

6. DanteEXT

2,930 Messages
    1,190 Likes Received
    Sadly, it's getting there. I really like YTTV but if/when I decide to get live streaming service again I'll be looking elsewhere most likely.

7. Nova

Nova Ntegrase96

7,294 Messages
    7,862 Likes Received
    The ones with the strongest IPs will be able to keep their prices lower, but will drive their costs up once the others fall to the wayside.

It’s going to be interesting

BigStar likes this.
  8. DanteEXT

2,930 Messages
    1,190 Likes Received
    fubo is increasing their prices by $5. Same price as YTTV now. It's definitely looking like "cord cutting" is only going to save you money if you go antenna maybe supplemented with Hulu plus, Netflix, D+, Prime or some combination of those in the future. Or course you'll have to give up a lot of sports options, at least legal watching.

9. Reality

Reality Admin

22,922 Messages
    40,743 Likes Received
    Every time a new business model comes out, the first thing I ask myself is, "I wonder how long before they turn into what they claim to hate".

I think some businesses start out with noble intentions and others plan to bait-and-switch from the start.

In the end, they are counting on most consumers being too complacent (aka: lazy) to change.

DanteEXT and DakPresgoat like this.
  10. dogunwo

dogunwo Franchise Tagged

9,620 Messages
    4,889 Likes Received
    The only price difference in the end is going to end up being equipment/boxes. If cable companies didn't charge monthly to lease the equipment, the costs would almost be the same.

Reality likes this.
  11. DakPresgoat

DakPresgoat Well-Known Member

14,222 Messages
    30,703 Likes Received

I always dread my annual call to Comcast where I have to talk to them on the phone (after waiting on hold for an hour) to get my bill lowered again because my “package ran out”.

actually I am overdue for that by a couple months because I haven’t bothered doing it yet.

your post is spot on.

DanteEXT and Reality like this.