YS: Carson Wentz wants trade if Eagles continue starting Hurts

Yobwocs

Reaction score
How many Wentz lovers are gonna make that lame excuse "he's gonna bounce back" in 2021 on a new team. This is based on what.... exactly? Ah......my intelligence

Reaction score
If they can trade him, what's the hit on their cap? Versus unrest in the locker room? For him to go public now might just piss Lurie off enough to take the hit.
At some point money matters. The dead cap hit is around $60M

stinkface

Reaction score
If they can trade him, what's the hit on their cap? Versus unrest in the locker room? For him to go public now might just piss Lurie off enough to take the hit.

I think if they trade him they trade his contract. What's left is the bonus they paid him and how that hits the cap and when.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
All jokes aside, I think he can be a good QB on the right team. Philly just isn’t a match. They should move onto the Mills era.

817Gill

Reaction score
If Hurts plays well enough that the Eagles don’t take a QB next draft I’ll be ecstatic. Hurts seems like he can be effective for a few seasons but if he doesn’t make leaps as a passer he won’t ever be elite.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Honestly, if they draft well and Hurts plays well that could offset the financial sting of getting rid of Wentz. In other words, as long they are winning no one would really care about the impact of Wentz's cap hit.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
The lockerroom is starting to split. Couple of vets coming out supporting Wentz. Their #1 pick coming out saying he is working a lot and jelling with Hurts. Just need a couple more players and 1 or 2 coaches to makes comments and Wentz continue to whine about being a backup.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
How many Wentz lovers are gonna make that lame excuse "he's gonna bounce back" in 2021 on a new team. This is based on what.... exactly? Ah......my intelligence
I never understood Wentz Cowboy fans. I wanted him in 2016 too but whats the point of rooting for him? Smh

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
No SNF in the final week of the season and there's usually a ton of early games and a division playing in the later games. They got smart about limiting the meaningless games later.

I just looked it up and the NFC W plays the late games and I don't know if that was the plan or they already flexed them to add drama to this games because 3 of the 4 could be fighting for a playoff spot. It worked out really well for that final Sunday of the regular season.
I thought they purposely don’t schedule for Sunday night game in advance in order to put the most compelling game in the last week of the season

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Hell, they don't care, they've already turned on him.
A lot of the guys in the groups I'm in still defend him, some fight amongst each other. My RG3 prediction and me telling those guys he wouldn't be an Eagle for more than half a 2nd contract on coming true!