News: YS: Raiders take on the Amari Cooper trade

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only thing I really dislike about the Amari trade was the front office not working out the extension at the time of the trade. The trade should have been dependent on an extension being worked out.

It irritates me because it's just another example of Cowboys front office stupidity.

Maybe it wasn't them, maybe Cooper and his agent wanted to wait. You have to make a decision at that point. Make the trade, knowing you will work out a deal later.
Many other teams have done the same thing. But yet they are genius as to where Jerry is dumb?
Take for what it is, and not a reason to bash the FO.

Ramsey to the Rams, Adams to Seattle, are their FO's stupid for not working out a new contract before the trade? Or is it just Jerry to fit your agenda.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Cooper trade was excellent for us and well worth a 1

Yes Cooper provided an immediate and good impact. Rookie receivers often take a year or more to develop. Maybe a rookie drafted instead of trading for Cooper would have done better, but who knows? Might not.

Cooper has worked out well, be grateful Cowboys fans...

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
This is why I laugh when people here say get rid of cooper and keep MG. Its not even funny anymore it's actually very very sad.

It's too late to get rid of Cooper, we signed him to the extension and trading him is going to be virtually impossible. That being said, we are loaded at the receiver position which would mean that you can trade Gallup. With the addition of Lamb it makes it obvious that Cooper, Gallup, Lamb, Wilson, Brown make a really crowded field and it's going to be virtually impossible to retain all those top three guys. It would make sense to trade Gallup and get picks instead of letting him finish up his contract and letting him walk for nothing because we cannot afford him. But hey to do stuff like this we need a GM instead of a egotistical bozo pretending to be GM so that people will acknowledge him as a great football mind.

cern

Reaction score
there has been a history of the cowboys and raiders exchanging their bad players the last few years. seems odd chucky would want heath or witten. or marinelli. imo, we got the best of the cooper deal.

cern

Reaction score
It's too late to get rid of Cooper, we signed him to the extension and trading him is going to be virtually impossible. That being said, we are loaded at the receiver position which would mean that you can trade Gallup. With the addition of Lamb it makes it obvious that Cooper, Gallup, Lamb, Wilson, Brown make a really crowded field and it's going to be virtually impossible to retain all those top three guys. It would make sense to trade Gallup and get picks instead of letting him finish up his contract and letting him walk for nothing because we cannot afford him. But hey to do stuff like this we need a GM instead of a egotistical bozo pretending to be GM so that people will acknowledge him as a great football mind.
talk of trading gallup is beyond my comprehension. it was fun watching him totally destroy the confidence of the eagles cb sunday to the point pederson had to make personnel changes in an effort to contain him. cooper's contract allows us to release him after next year with no cap hit.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If Jerry had made that trade, he would be getting blasted in here every day.

Clearly this is yet another trade the Cowboys came out for the better. This time by a long ways.
Yup and they have basically the same player selected with pick 27 in Donovan Wilson but from r6.
Wilson is healthier in fact.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
there has been a history of the cowboys and raiders exchanging their bad players the last few years. seems odd chucky would want heath or witten. or marinelli. imo, we got the best of the cooper deal.
Heath has played well for them and Rod being there explains the D guys like Heath and Collins.
I'm just not sure why any team not going for a SB and wanting a vet good guy would have brought Witt in.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
2 reject organizations. at least one organization had their senile owner die.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This is why I laugh when people here say get rid of cooper and keep MG. Its not even funny anymore it's actually very very sad.
those are the people that only measure a player by his contract size. production, ability, any of that stuff doesn't matter. once its bigger than a number they don't like then they want that player gone.

these same people don't like cooper, dak, martin, smith, lawrence, etc......and say we should sign them 20% below market.......

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I would trade him if I could get a 2nd round pick for him. If not I keep him.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
those are the people that only measure a player by his contract size. production, ability, any of that stuff doesn't matter. once its bigger than a number they don't like then they want that player gone.

these same people don't like cooper, dak, martin, smith, lawrence, etc......and say we should sign them 20% below market.......
These ppl don't know anything about production=value. They just think because we are the cowboys people should be honored to play here , because we've been so successful lol. It's really comical to think ppl should get paid below market when those same ppl wouldn't work below market or get paid below market in their personal lives. It comes from that he should be a good ole boi mentality that folks have.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Great player and all, but what have both franchises done since the trade? Oh right. Win worthless games and go nowhere. They’re in the same spot. All this talk about “winning” the trade is bulljive. Who cares? If you haven’t made a championship, then the trade doesn’t matter. You only trade players like that away/receive a trade when you’re a player away. Neither clearly were a player away.
You guys are really missing why the trade was made.

It was we had no #1 WRs.

We were playing by committee and needed a #1 WR to see if Dak was going to improve becuz he had a new contract coming up.

We still do not have an answer to that question.

Hmmmm..

blueblood70

Reaction score
thats the thing about big trades of your stars and they say well we need to rebuild with draft picks..

most teams never truly replace those stars , just saved money..not always but most of the time

did they even ever get another Mack or someone close?

maybe they should have kept Mack and AC and got rid of Carr :))

ICP

Reaction score
Maybe it wasn't them, maybe Cooper and his agent wanted to wait. You have to make a decision at that point. Make the trade, knowing you will work out a deal later.
Many other teams have done the same thing. But yet they are genius as to where Jerry is dumb?
Take for what it is, and not a reason to bash the FO.

Ramsey to the Rams, Adams to Seattle, are their FO's stupid for not working out a new contract before the trade? Or is it just Jerry to fit your agenda.
Yeah whatever was I thinking. Bashing this great front office after all the success this team has had over the past 25+ years. Maybe I should send Jerruh a letter asking him to forgive me :p

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah whatever was I thinking. Bashing this great front office after all the success this team has had over the past 25+ years. Maybe I should send Jerruh a letter asking him to forgive me :p

I am sure he will appreciate that, he may invite you to his yacht for a shot of JWB also. :muttley:
As well a photo opportunity with him and Rowdy. :lmao2:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The trade just masks our real problems.

We had some nice success after it took place but eventually we’re back to kinda where we were.

He’s a great player though when he decides to show up.

Probably our mvp in 18-19.
:facepalm:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The only thing I really dislike about the Amari trade was the front office not working out the extension at the time of the trade. The trade should have been dependent on an extension being worked out.

It irritates me because it's just another example of Cowboys front office stupidity.
Only stupidty is fans who dont look at the contract.

Did you know he only got 10mil in a signing bonus. And next yr he has a cap charge of 22mil. So Dallas will restructure his deal in 2021 So say they move 15mil of his 20mil base salary into another signing bonus, that gets pro rated into 5 yrs. So Coopers base salry is 5mil + 3mil of that new pro rated signing bonus + 2mil in the signing bonus from the original deal. So instead of a 22mil caphit for 2021 he counts for 10mil saving the team 12mil on the cap.

You really need to learn how the team you root for historically has done its contracts.