News: YS: Raiders take on the Amari Cooper trade

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Cooper and Lamb are signed and a very nice combo for the future. If they sign gallup it is a really nice trio for years to come. If the best player available is a WR, we might be drafting another WR.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Cooper and Lamb are signed and a very nice combo for the future. If they sign gallup it is a really nice trio for years to come. If the best player available is a WR, we might be drafting another WR.

Also don't forget Ced Wilson and Noah Brown have been productive as spot players this year. Losing Gallup in 2022 won't hurt so long as Cooper and Lamb are around. No need to draft another WR unless he's the absolute best player available and Dallas can't get a sweet trade package for the pick.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
So tired of hearing that Coop doesn't show in games. It's just not that simple.

I agree. Cooper plays hard and he plays hurt. The guy cares. Too many people misread his body language and don't realize he's often in pain from plantar faciitus in his feet. That explains the games where he doesn't post big numbers.

I'm so happy Dallas locked him up with that deal.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I agree. Cooper plays hard and he plays hurt. The guy cares. Too many people misread his body language and don't realize he's often in pain from plantar faciitus in his feet. That explains the games where he doesn't post big numbers.

I'm so happy Dallas locked him up with that deal.
He ranks among the elite in route running, it's actually sad more don't see how good he is. Not every WR is going to gain 100+ yards every game, and you have to factor in that he shares passes with other very good WRs. I never cared about the body language angle, heck I'd rather he be laid back and not an attention seeking diva.
As far as "not showing up, " consider the opposing defense and secondary. Consider the QB and our pass blocking. Consider his health. It all factors in.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
The only thing I really dislike about the Amari trade was the front office not working out the extension at the time of the trade. The trade should have been dependent on an extension being worked out.

It irritates me because it's just another example of Cowboys front office stupidity.

It was still a good trade regardless of not getting an extension. It takes two to agree on an extension. Maybe the Cowboys tried and Cooper said no. I would say Cooper made the right choice for his wallet not doing an extension at that time.

Just glad he is a Cowboy and the in hindsight the Cowboys did not give up much t get him.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Also don't forget Ced Wilson and Noah Brown have been productive as spot players this year. Losing Gallup in 2022 won't hurt so long as Cooper and Lamb are around. No need to draft another WR unless he's the absolute best player available and Dallas can't get a sweet trade package for the pick.
With the new tv money in 2022 there is no reason not to sign Gallup.

dsturgeon

Reaction score

I don't want to lose him, and it would hurt if we do. Gallup is good

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I like Coop. I don't like paying him $21 mil / season. He shows up half the time. Other times we hardly hear from him. Plus, he's taken a few plays off in key games. Look no further than 2019. This year he has been more healthy, but even then, Gallup is averaging the same amount of TDs as Coop (5 each), even though Gallup has 31 fewer catches but more yards average per reception. If you gave Gallup an extra 31 catches to even out with Coop, Gallup would have more total yards caught, more TDs and still have a higher yards per catch average.

reddyuta

Reaction score
nobody should draft a Safety that high unless he was an amazing FS prospect,the Raiders made a big mistake.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Whats even dumber is that they could've drafted Lamb and instead he went to us. They also could've drafted Judy SMH, instead the ghost of Al Davis turned in the draft card and drafted the fastest dude at the WR position.
Judy ain’t all that and he’s a drama queen.

khiladi

Reaction score
Funny thing is, Dak fired his agent and signed with Todd France when they got rid of Dez and made this offense “Dak-friendly” and Dak was saying they didn’t need a number 1... This whole offense was built on this notion that Dez was causing Dak to force him the ball.

Based on this fact, it almost makes one believe Dak really believed Dez was to blame for his struggles and it also is pretty amusing, because Dak started throwing his own WRs under the bus before Stephen Jones had to rush out and get Cooper.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Seems like 4 years 35 mil and 105 signing is going to have to work Wow, that's a lot of money.

How much does the "Ball Boy" make? I'm Game.
19k and all the free gatorade he can handle.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Funny thing is, Dak fired his agent and signed with Todd France when they got rid of Dez and made this offense “Dak-friendly” and Dak was saying they didn’t need a number 1... This whole offense was built on this notion that Dez was causing Dak to force him the ball.

Based on this fact, it almost makes one believe Dak really believed Dez was to blame for his struggles and it also is pretty amusing, because Dak started throwing his own WRs under the bus before Stephen Jones had to rush out and get Cooper.

That makes one wonder though why the players revere Dak so much. I don't think they would believe in him and have the level of affection they do for him, if he was the type quarterback to cast blame on others but not himself. I have seen many videos and articles where Dak shoulders the blame on the team falling short.