Zac Taylor on Zeke Elliott

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Still think there’s a chance he ends up there…would be a decent fit but it’s definitely apparent this was zekes list and not his final “choices”

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Zeke started off ‘21 season very good but then had knee injury and should have set out. Then another knee injury this past season, feel bad for him. His burst has been lost.

T-RO

Reaction score
There might be a pass heavy team who will bring him in for a minimum just to use on passing downs. . Because he can pick up a blitz

The opposite of that...and you are spot on.

Pass heavy teams want running backs who can actually catch and actually do something downfield with the ball in their hands.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott is considering Cincinnati as one of three finalists.

This sounds like zeke is smoking weed and living in a dream world lol.

He is "considering" which team he will grace with his services, and even has a list ! lol
He will only play for a top playoff bound team like Cin. If they can afford him!

if he would play for vet min + incentives, he would probably get some takers, including cowboys, but his ego is
evidently not going to allow that.

offlimits

Reaction score
That was a strong--almost derisive-- slap down by Taylor.

Pretty clear from that comment that Cinci has not yet expressed any Zeke interest, despite what Elliott's camp has claimed.
Almost ALWAYS the agent trying to drum up business. I would not be shocked if Zeke were still unemployed until training camp.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
:facepalm:

Still can not believe they made Him do that last year. . . The Last Play as a Cowboy . . .
Well that was mike and Kellen that came up with that bizzare flop, which was actually worse than the previous fiasco
in the wc loss to SF.
Everyone is upbeat about mike taking over offense, and it may be better, but mike had a big part in both of those plays,
so if those came out of his mind lol, that doesnt give me any confidence in him.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The opposite of that...and you are spot on.

Pass heavy teams want running backs who can actually catch and actually do something downfield with the ball in their hands.
I'm talking about 3rd and long where you're likely getting it up the gut.

JJ1986

Reaction score
Zeke is going to be motivated post-cut to to demonstrate that he still have some juice left in the tank.

John813

Reaction score
He is still making money from the cowboys for two years right?

Nope. Nothing as all real guarantees were paid out. The dead cap is simply an accounting number to punish teams for cutting players early