Zac Taylor on Zeke Elliott

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get the impression that his agent tried to put false news out there in an effort to drum up interest that doesn’t exist.

And now it looks to have blown up in their faces.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
heck I just want to see AC on dak, or at the least fighting ken, my little pony boy, or one of the other groupies.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That was a strong--almost derisive-- slap down by Taylor.

Pretty clear from that comment that Cinci has not yet expressed any Zeke interest, despite what Elliott's camp has claimed.
Could it not also be true that Taylor knows how the negotiation game is played and knows anything he says positive about Zeke jacks up the asking price?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Could it not also be true that Taylor knows how the negotiation game is played and knows anything he says positive about Zeke jacks up the asking price?
Nah, man. Zeke is done, and just about everyone knows it.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

Feel bad for Zeke he is going to end up in Philly :thumbdown:

Fisher is saying breer did Elliot and his agent a favor to create buzz. That elliots agent said that's elliots 3 teams he's want to go to. But beer went a different direction. He said eagles denied reports and the Jets players don't want him.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Zeke's agent could have PAID Shfter $50,000 to "report" that rumor to keep Zeke front and center. This probably happens all the time.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I remember when Captain Cabo was doing his thing. I remember the suspension. I remember fat Zeke. Good riddance. Guy should have been a HOFer instead he might be done at 27.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Zeke eventually becomes “running back Jason Peters” for the Cowboys at some point during the season.

jnday

Reaction score
I remember when Captain Cabo was doing his thing. I remember the suspension. I remember fat Zeke. Good riddance. Guy should have been a HOFer instead he might be done at 27.
In his defense, that suspension was BS. Goodell’s own investigators said there was nothing found in the investigation. The Zeke suspension was Goodell’s way of hurting Jerry.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
In his defense, that suspension was BS. Goodell’s own investigators said there was nothing found in the investigation. The Zeke suspension was Goodell’s way of hurting Jerry.
Zeke put himself at risk. Hurt the team. It wasn’t the only time he was stupid.

That said I agree it was a Goodell special.

Cmac

Reaction score
Understand the departure of Zeke, but Undisputed with Skip just used a reel to showcase Zeke's inefficiencies.......and what I saw was an OL that didn't block, including a Zack Martin miss block and many Dalton Shultz poor efforts on that very film, DL in the backfield before ball provided to Zeke too. Real funny how the OL play was dismissed in discussion and on film.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Understand the departure of Zeke, but Undisputed with Skip just used a reel to showcase Zeke's inefficiencies.......and what I saw was an OL that didn't block, including a Zack Martin miss block and many Dalton Shultz poor efforts on that very film, DL in the backfield before ball provided to Zeke too. Real funny how the OL play was dismissed in discussion and on film.
Don't you know that Zeke's salary altered the laws of physics and gave him the ability to overpower 2 or 3 of the largest, fastest and strongest humans on the planet even if the line doesn't block. I said it three years ago when Zeke was trying to become more patient and allow the holes to develop. He was too late because the line wasn't opening many holes anymore and he needed to just run 100 mph to the slightest hint of an opening the way he did when he first came into the league.