News: Zach Martin Blog: Life In The Pros

EST_1986

Reaction score
That's him (Danny McBride). He was in "Pineapple Express" and a couple of other stoner type flicks. The pic above is from his HBO series, "East Bound and Down" where he plays a white trash ex MLB player with an hilariously blown up ego. Some other Kenny Powers quotes:

Kenny Powers: Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Timid Kid: My dad said you ruined baseball.
Kenny Powers: You know what? I can already tell that I don't like you. And I'm probably not gonna like you no matter how many pull-ups or push-ups you do. All right, anybody who wants to pick on anybody in class, aim for him, 'cause I'm not watchin'.

Terrence Cutler: There's something you need to know about Kenny, you're not the only athlete here at Chip Davis Elementary. I happen to be training for a triathlon. Doing a lot of running, cycling, swimming, but you know all about that.
Kenny Powers: No actually I don't. I play real sports, not try to be the best at exercising!

Kenny ******* Powers

burmafrd

Reaction score
The O line is usually a teams smartest group (unless you are the Miami Dolphins) so this comes as no surprise.

The skills players and those that get the most publicity have been treated like special people since Jr High in many cases; used to special treatment and someone else taking care of their problems. Then they get to the pros and suddenly they are expected to act their age. No surprise that many do not.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
That's him (Danny McBride). He was in "Pineapple Express" and a couple of other stoner type flicks. The pic above is from his HBO series, "East Bound and Down" where he plays a white trash ex MLB player with an hilariously blown up ego. Some other Kenny Powers quotes:

Kenny Powers: Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Timid Kid: My dad said you ruined baseball.
Kenny Powers: You know what? I can already tell that I don't like you. And I'm probably not gonna like you no matter how many pull-ups or push-ups you do. All right, anybody who wants to pick on anybody in class, aim for him, 'cause I'm not watchin'.

Terrence Cutler: There's something you need to know about Kenny, you're not the only athlete here at Chip Davis Elementary. I happen to be training for a triathlon. Doing a lot of running, cycling, swimming, but you know all about that.
Kenny Powers: No actually I don't. I play real sports, not try to be the best at exercising!
One of his better movies is Hot Rod, with Andy Sandberg or Samberg or whatever his name is. Great flick as well.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Perhaps that has a large part to do with it. Still, rookies are encouraged to seek professional guidance with their financial affairs. Even if a rookie cannot integrate the practical applications of the symposium's lectures into his personal life, it should not preclude him from hiring someone who can help him do so. Then again, the lack of skills you mentioned would prevent some of the rookies from being able to discern financial advisors, willing to work in their best interest, from unscrupulous individuals eager to prey upon their good fortune. It's kinda sad all round.

I think a lot of their family structure also really impacts how funds get spent also. Good family is pretty important.