Twitter: Zach Martin yelling about the playcalling

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I guess I don't operate that way. I learned a long time ago to not assume what people mean when they say something because you generally end up being wrong. My mom has always been bad about that, often taking even a simple gesture to mean far more than it actual does. The person who tweeted this should have just said that Martin yelled this after a failed run instead of assuming what it meant. Of course, those who post tweets aren't held to the same standard as those of us who are journalists, who at least aren't supposed to assume meaning but ask questions to determine meaning.

I agree in principle but even if this video were presented with a "What does Zack mean here?" headline I think the majority would have still speculated the same thing the Tweeter was assuming when you look at the physical optics.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I'm Kellen Moore I grab Zack Martin up by the back of the neck and explain to him if he ever talks to me like that again he'll be making an appointment with an oral surgeon.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That was the only VERY uninspiring play call inside the 10 yard line last night.

It's like Moore was afraid to score because we were so conservative.

Maybe this was a play that Rush should have checked out to a pass play?:huh:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I agree in principle but even if this video were presented with a "What does Zack mean here?" headline I think the majority would have still speculated the same thing the Tweeter was assuming when you look at the physical optics.

And I'd have less of a problem with that. Falsely interpreting things is something fans excel at. I'm just saying it should have been posted with more discretion. More like what you wrote, point it out and say, "What does Zack mean here?" Then you're at least inviting assumption instead of providing the apparently false conclusion that this tweet does, that he was yelling about playcalling.

GINeric

Reaction score
Oh, Jerry forced him? Gee, I didn't see that interview!

There's a video of Jerry expressing the need for us to run the ball more after the Bucs game... then BAM!!! More running plays in the Bengals and Giants game....

Maybe just one helluva coincidence huh.... hmm...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There's a video of Jerry expressing the need for us to run the ball more after the Bucs game... then BAM!!! More running plays in the Bengals and Giants game....

Maybe just one helluva coincidence huh.... hmm...
Or maybe MM and KM realized that it would be the best way to help Rush out... hmm...

GINeric

Reaction score
Or maybe MM and KM realized that it would be the best way to help Rush out... hmm...

Or maybe they realized that this is what this team is built for based on the personnel we have because it makes sense. Hmm....

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Or maybe they realized that this is what this team is built for based on the personnel we have because it makes sense. Hmm....
No, that can't be it, because that would blow your "Jerry forced him" theory all to crap.

khiladi

Reaction score
Really? Zach Martin was complaining about running behind him on a first and goal in the red zone?

Maybe he was yelling at an opposite player for kicking Zeke? Or another OL for picking his nose?

GINeric

Reaction score
No, that can't be it, because that would blow your "Jerry forced him" theory all to crap.

Well, once Jerry said it.... the game plan changed. So you can say what you want or spin it how you like.... the bottom line is, it changed when Jerry spoke. Good day sir!!