Twitter: Zach Martin yelling about the playcalling

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds to me like he says they've got that stacked. If you pitch it to Pollard right nobody touches him, its ripe for an audible
After further review it sounds like a fan yelling

GINeric

Reaction score
Yes, the dumb OC who has the team at 2-1 with Cooper Rush under center...Terrible.

Absolutely because he was forced by Jerry to run the ball more and stay committed to it.

How many times were we gashing teams for 5 and 6 yards a carry and Moore stopped sticking to what was affective???

Like i said.... yeah dumb!!

Oh wait.... and calling an up the middle run for Pollard, the lightest weighing back on our squad inside the 5 when the defense has its heaviest personnel in there.....

Creeper

Reaction score
I am not sure he was complaining about the play call there. I think it was more about the blocking. But on further review the problem was they ran into the strength of the Giants defense. The hole closed quickly because there were too many Giants at the point of attack. Maybe if they had a full back leading the runner there it might have resulted in a TD or at least more yards.

I really prefer Zeke on this runs up the gut, especially close to the goal line.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I think most on here would be a good study in confirmation bias. They take something that could mean several things and interpret it to mean what they believe. If Martin said it, I have no idea why. It could have been the play-call or him being mad at himself for a poor block or even the defensive tackle kept punching him in the gonads.

Oh you got the bias part correct because what I'm seeing here is people going out of their way to not ascribe something negative to Martin because he's a saint in their eyes and all systems go full throttle to protect that hero narrative. If, as Moore says, he was upset at the rest of the line for not adjusting, I'm curious why he didn't direct his rant towards them versus the sideline at first? So it's not a stretch to think he was upset with the playcall and hence Moore was asked about it.

Scotman

Reaction score
I was wrong looks like, Patrick Walker with the update/correction

Tweet link
This makes MUCH more sense. I can see him, being the leader on the line, getting on to the other guys and holding them accountable. 100%. Him suddenly being upset that the OC called a running play? Not a chance. Poll 100 offensive linemen, tell them they are near the goal line and ask them if they want a running play or a pass play. Offensive lineman live to run block most of the time.

Fans may not like it. It may be predictable. It may not work. But offensive lineman are going to want to run in that situation 99.9% of the time. The other .1% is when one of the lineman is an eligible receiver on a trick play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Kellen deserves plenty of props for the win. The offensive game plan was solid. Our backup QB has started 2 straight games without an interception and its not because of his overwhelming talent.

The problem is that 99.9% of this forum judges playcalling by the results of the play. If somebody misses a block it was a bad play call.

If Noah Brown wasn't mauled on that 3rd and 1 everyone would be celebrating KM completely fooling the Giants but since it didn't work it was a bad play call. We should have ran it up the middle.
Good point.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
This makes MUCH more sense. I can see him, being the leader on the line, getting on to the other guys and holding them accountable. 100%. Him suddenly being upset that the OC called a running play? Not a chance. Poll 100 offensive linemen, tell them they are near the goal line and ask them if they want a running play or a pass play. Offensive lineman live to run block most of the time.

Fans may not like it. It may be predictable. It may not work. But offensive lineman are going to want to run in that situation 99.9% of the time. The other .1% is when one of the lineman is an eligible receiver on a trick play.

Yeah. All these people thinking he was yelling about Moore calling a run are clueless. Nothing an OL would like to do more than run it down the D's throat

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Oh you got the bias part correct because what I'm seeing here is people going out of their way to not ascribe something negative to Martin because he's a saint in their eyes and all systems go full throttle to protect that hero narrative. If, as Moore says, he was upset at the rest of the line for not adjusting, I'm curious why he didn't direct his rant towards them versus the sideline at first? So it's not a stretch to think he was upset with the playcall and hence Moore was asked about it.

I don't think it's a question for those legitimately questioning the tweeter's assumption that it was about the play-call that it's something to do with not being willing to believe Martin would question the play-call. There just never was any clear evidence that that was what it's all about and fans chose to jump all over that narrative. What Moore said cleared it up, but I'm sure there will be some who choose not to believe him because it doesn't fit their bias.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I don't think it's a question for those legitimately questioning the tweeter's assumption that it was about the play-call that it's something to do with not being willing to believe Martin would question the play-call. There just never was any clear evidence that that was what it's all about and fans chose to jump all over that narrative. What Moore said cleared it up, but I'm sure there will be some who choose not to believe him because it doesn't fit their bias.

No clear evidence, yes. The optics point to what people are running with though. He's mad, happens to look towards the sideline and yells to "stop doing that." Logic would automatically take it there as it has. Moore is saying it was random that he looked that way I guess. So it could also be that he looked that way to not come off as getting in his own guys' faces to save them the embarrassment of being publicly chided if what Moore says is true. Otherwise, people tend to yell in the direction of the people they're mad at. But perhaps Zack is a complicated man and no one understands him but his woman.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
No clear evidence, yes. The optics point to what people are running with though. He's mad, happens to look towards the sideline and yells to "stop doing that." Logic would automatically take it there as it has. Moore is saying it was random that he looked that way I guess. So it could also be that he looked that way to not come off as getting in his own guys' faces to save them the embarrassment of being publicly chided if what Moore says is true. Otherwise, people tend to yell in the direction of the people they're mad at. But perhaps Zack is a complicated man and no one understands him but his woman.

I guess I don't operate that way. I learned a long time ago to not assume what people mean when they say something because you generally end up being wrong. My mom has always been bad about that, often taking even a simple gesture to mean far more than it actual does. The person who tweeted this should have just said that Martin yelled this after a failed run instead of assuming what it meant. Of course, those who post tweets aren't held to the same standard as those of us who are journalists, who at least aren't supposed to assume meaning but ask questions to determine meaning.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Absolutely because he was forced by Jerry to run the ball more and stay committed to it.

How many times were we gashing teams for 5 and 6 yards a carry and Moore stopped sticking to what was affective???

Like i said.... yeah dumb!!

Oh wait.... and calling an up the middle run for Pollard, the lightest weighing back on our squad inside the 5 when the defense has its heaviest personnel in there.....
Oh, Jerry forced him? Gee, I didn't see that interview!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Looked to me like he was more upset with his blocking on that play. He kind of got stood up instead of driving his man out of the hole.
I agree. We're making a lot of assumptions that Martin was talking about play calling.
He could have been upset about the sloppy blocking or the Giants poking someone in the eye.
Shrug.

terra

Reaction score
Sounds to me that he was ticked that the O line did not do its job.