Zach Wilson BYU

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He definitely deserves his own thread at this point.

I think he's the clear cut challenger to Fields as the #2 QB. I don't see a real hole in his game other than his competition.

In general I don't like to knock a players individual talent because of his opponents talent.

It's early days but if we don't get Dak signed before the draft then I think a QB with Aaron Rodgers / Pat Mahomes playstyle needs to be considered. He's obviously not my first option and i'm not sure if he's my 2nd option yet but i'm getting there.

Here is some 2020 highlights that kind of shows the Macro of what he can do.. When evaluating him though you have to really look at what he can't do because he checks a lot of boxes.

He has the athleticism to be one of those pesky guys that is just really annoying to play against because he can get you out of bad plays with his feet.

Here is a full game so you can see more intermediate and short throws

I’ve questioned him arm strength at times and then I go and see something like this..

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yes I know. And you looked ignorant back then too. And you'll do the same to the next QB.

If they are a 5 year QB that has never done squat in the post season and requires money that a championship QB gets paid then yes I will most likely say get a cheaper option because these contract are team crushing in terms of doing what matters and thats win a Title.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This made me want to go back and look at some of Aaron Rodgers college highlights..

I can’t believe so many teams missed on him.. I remember at the time his coach I believe was Jeff Tedford and that was a big knock against QBs because his QBs didn’t translate well into the Pro’s.. Until they did..

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If they are a 5 year QB that has never done squat in the post season and requires money that a championship QB gets paid then yes I will most likely say get a cheaper option because these contract are team crushing in terms of doing what matters and thats win a Title.
Yeah and you look ignorant now. Dak doesn't play defense or special teams.

RS12

Reaction score
I would draft him. Throws a very accurate and catchable ball. Very accurate medium and deep routes. Only knock is level of competition and had some injuries.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Listen.. You’re such a Cowboy fan.. I’m sure you whined when I was saying to replace Romo and was the first to break out their Pom Poms for Dak.

It would be nice if we had a place to discuss football without you running around trying to white knight for Dak. Leave it in the fan zone.
I don’t even know why you’re here. You’ve always *****ed about not only the QB’s but everyone else. You’re about as negative as neutron.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don’t even know why you’re here. You’ve always *****ed about not only the QB’s but everyone else. You’re about as negative as neutron.

Uhhh hello.. Look at the team. Look at the results.

Some of you have forgot what the goal is and you applaud Jerry when he does foolish things that are usually 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

The goal is to win a SUPERBOWL and we can’t break out of mediocrity because we put a team out there that is always built for it.

Hardline

Reaction score
If I had the second pick in the draft it would be very tough to decide between Wilson and Fields.
But I would take one of them for sure.

Last edited:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Back to the discussion fellows. Zach Wilson has no real offensive talent to throw too. When compared to Fields and Lawrence, who have pro talent up and down their rosters, he is just as good as they are. I think he will be a top 5 pick.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Back to the discussion fellows. Zach Wilson has no real offensive talent to throw too. When compared to Fields and Lawrence, who have pro talent up and down their rosters, he is just as good as they are. I think he will be a top 5 pick.

I just want to see him face better competition.

Im not going to knock him for the competition but it would confirm some things I’m seeing.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Uhhh hello.. Look at the team. Look at the results.

Some of you have forgot what the goal is and you applaud Jerry when he does foolish things that are usually 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

The goal is to win a SUPERBOWL and we can’t break out of mediocrity because we put a team out there that is always built for it.
Who’s applauded Jerry? I sure haven’t. I though you were so aware?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I just want to see him face better competition.

Im not going to knock him for the competition but it would confirm some things I’m seeing.
The talking heads were killing BYU today after losing to Coastal Carolina but they accepted that game two days before they played. Coastal Carolina had a pass rusher and a cornerback that I believe will be professionals. I don’t know if you watch the draft show but Dane stated that some pro teams have him at the top of their board. We really need to do are homework on him if we get a top 5 pick.