Zach Wilson BYU

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Maybe he shrinks at the combine but he’s listed at 6’3 pretty much everywhere.

It's wild how many players shrink before the combine every year. I guess we'll have to wait and see if he showers hot instead of cold the night before.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Never seen Wilson play live.

His highlights look good though. Good athleticism. Quick release, strong arm.

The physical tools seem apparent. I just don’t know anything about his command of an offense, his ability to read defenses, or how he plays under high pressure situations, having never seen him live.

Take a look at Alabama's Mac Jones highlights.......love his release and passes under quite a bit of pressure. No expert but I'd probably take this kid over Fields and Wilson........Gator's Trask too.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
first off we have no shot at him since he is going at pick no 2,so abandon all hope now.
Unless Wilson is considered way above Fields, there is no way Jacksonville takes him over the Ohio State quarterback. Fields is a Georgia Boy and Jacksonville is right in the vicinity. Can you imagine a Mormon quarterback in the Deep South.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Take a look at Alabama's Mac Jones highlights.......love his release and passes under quite a bit of pressure. No expert but I'd probably take this kid over Fields and Wilson........Gator's Trask too.
Jones will be the surprise pick of the draft, he will go top 10 in my opinion. The issue I have is the same question I have with Fields and Lawrence. He has pro talent everywhere around him. The Dak Haters would love him.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Jones will be the surprise pick of the draft, he will go top 10 in my opinion. The issue I have is the same question I have with Fields and Lawrence. He has pro talent everywhere around him. The Dak Haters would love him.

Two things impress me watching Jones highlights ......his release ( fastest I've seen in a while) and several clips of accurate passes under pressure.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I like him too...

I've said this before but Mac Jones reminds me of a 2014 Romo in terms of style. Like he's still a gun slinger but he's more of a tamed horse and plays within himself better. His game reminds me of that Romo. The mature Romo.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Playing on ESPN 2 right now. Just took the open drive down for a TD. Cold in Provo tonight. In the 30s with wind. He flicks the ball with his wrist nicely.

Beaker42

Reaction score
He definitely deserves his own thread at this point.

I think he's the clear cut challenger to Fields as the #2 QB. I don't see a real hole in his game other than his competition.

In general I don't like to knock a players individual talent because of his opponents talent.

It's early days but if we don't get Dak signed before the draft then I think a QB with Aaron Rodgers / Pat Mahomes playstyle needs to be considered. He's obviously not my first option and i'm not sure if he's my 2nd option yet but i'm getting there.

Here is some 2020 highlights that kind of shows the Macro of what he can do.. When evaluating him though you have to really look at what he can't do because he checks a lot of boxes.

He has the athleticism to be one of those pesky guys that is just really annoying to play against because he can get you out of bad plays with his feet.

Here is a full game so you can see more intermediate and short throws

I’ve questioned him arm strength at times and then I go and see something like this..

He’s better than Fields IMO. Better passer and just as good if not better runner. I’d love to see him with the star on his helmet.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
As this season goes I think I’m about ready to say that Wilson easily has the most skill of any of these QBs headed into the NFL.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yeah..

I see a lot of Rodgers.

Others say Mahomes.

Now we get some Russell Wilson.

His feet are just great. His feet do remind me of Mahomes. He's just so agile.

Imagine passing on him for a defender and he turns out to be anything like the guys he compares too lol.

We would look like the Chicago Bears drafting Trubisky and passing on Mahomes.
No one will ever look that stupid again lol.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I like him too but theres always the Drew Locks out there. He's not a sure thing

Gaede

Reaction score
I think he’s moved himself ahead of Fields at this point..

Fields has an opportunity to generate some hype in the tournament but I’ve seen nothing from Fields that wows me..

Zach Wilson may be considerd riskier but the reward looks incredible.

He's got an unreal arm that's for sure. I agree, Wilson seems to be moving ahead of Fields at this point