Video: Zach Wilson highlights from 2022

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Longer video than I expected.
I know but if you watch some of the throws, this guy has a pretty good arm and is capable of making some incredible throws. I'm thinking of how we got beat by Sam Darnold a few years ago. He was on the Jets bubble, they had a good D and Amari sat out most of the game. IMO, we got punked by their team. I'm not saying we should fear Zach Wilson, but the team is stacked if he can put it together.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I forgot he went to BYU.
Best of the Cougar QBs greats?
Ty Detmer (San Antonio Southwest HS)
Robbie Bosco
Jim McMahon
Gifford Nielson
Steve Young
Marc Wilson
I lowkey wanted Steve Young to replace Danny White back in the day.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I know but if you watch some of the throws, this guy has a pretty good arm and is capable of making some incredible throws. I'm thinking of how we got beat by Sam Darnold a few years ago. He was on the Jets bubble, they had a good D and Amari sat out most of the game. IMO, we got punked by their team. I'm not saying we should fear Zach Wilson, but the team is stacked if he can put it together.
He was the 2nd pick overall in 2021 for a reason.
Trey Lance was right behind him at the 3.
Will be interesting watching both of their careers take off.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Wilson was hated in New York last season. Their fans would rather have seen Flacco, Moore, and some Canadian quarterback than Wilson. Something is just off with him. I can’t imagine the Jets opening the playbook Sunday. I think Washington trusted Howell last season more than the Jets trust Wilson. They gonna pound their backs and punt. Hoping their defense or special teams can get them a lead.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Wilson was hated in New York last season. Their fans would rather have seen Flacco, Moore, and some Canadian quarterback than Wilson. Something is just off with him. I can’t imagine the Jets opening the playbook Sunday. I think Washington trusted Howell last season more than the Jets trust Wilson. They gonna pound their backs and punt. Hoping their defense or special teams can get them a lead.
Live in Jersey about 15 minutes from MetLife so I hear Jets/Giants on local AM radio. The word was he was a bit full of himself as a rookie and in his 2nd year when he couldn't admit that he let the team down after he played poorly in a loss - he lost the team, the media and his job. As the team improved, he was still dog-housed due to heightened expectations for him to be Joe Burrow. It didn't happen fast enough so they got Rodgers. Hopefully he chokes under expectations.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Live in Jersey about 15 minutes from MetLife so I hear Jets/Giants on local AM radio. The word was he was a bit full of himself as a rookie and in his 2nd year when he couldn't admit that he let the team down after he played poorly in a loss - he lost the team, the media and his job. As the team improved, he was still dog-housed due to heightened expectations for him to be Joe Burrow. It didn't happen fast enough so they got Rodgers. Hopefully he chokes under expectations.
Wilson sounds like the UCLA quarterback that came out with Baker, Allen, and Darnold.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I thought this was going to be a joke thread and I expected a picture of crickets when I clicked on it.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Guy was the number 2 pick in the draft and a stud in college. He should luck good.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
This might be unpopular opinion but maybe the Jets are better off. With AR they are not winning the SB. Too many teams are better. They will see what they have in Wilson once and for all. He was immature to start but played better than what people said. If he pans out they have a good QB with a talented young team that can contend for the next 5 years.

starfan1

Reaction score
Not sure I believe this game will be a slam dunk
We will need to get after him with our front 7 if he has time he can beat us

Although having Gilmore and not brown is improvement

Last edited:

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
This might be unpopular opinion but maybe the Jets are better off. With AR they are not winning the SB. Too many teams are better. They will see what they have in Wilson once and for all. He was immature to start but played better than what people said. If he pans out they have a good QB with a talented young team that can contend for the next 5 years.
I see a lot Jets games and I promise you he's not the one.

From his rookie year to now, hardly any improvement...its a shame cause they have some talent on that team.