Video: Zach Wilson highlights from 2022

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I see a lot Jets games and I promise you he's not the one.

From his rookie year to now, hardly any improvement...its a shame cause they have some talent on that team.
I live in NY and watch too many Jet games. I see it differently. Talented kid with a big ego. Came in spoiled and turned off his team. Team sucked initially. Ate humble pie for the first time in his life and seemed to shed some immaturity late last year. Enter AR. He gets to see how a star QB does it. Supposedly soaked a lot in. Still talented. Now the team is much better. Will not shock me if he does the job.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This might be unpopular opinion but maybe the Jets are better off. With AR they are not winning the SB. Too many teams are better. They will see what they have in Wilson once and for all. He was immature to start but played better than what people said. If he pans out they have a good QB with a talented young team that can contend for the next 5 years.
:laugh:

This forum man…

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
I live in NY and watch too many Jet games. I see it differently. Talented kid with a big ego. Came in spoiled and turned off his team. Team sucked initially. Ate humble pie for the first time in his life and seemed to shed some immaturity late last year. Enter AR. He gets to see how a star QB does it. Supposedly soaked a lot in. Still talented. Now the team is much better. Will not shock me if he does the job.
I agree with the first part, but it would shock me if he turns it around.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I agree with the first part, but it would shock me if he turns it around.
One last point. Young Wilson is probably in big trouble this week. I suspect the Cowboys are going to wear out a few QBs this season. It could be ugly.

Motorola

Reaction score
Wilson is much better come on now. Rosen absolutely could not play.
'baltcowboy' mentioned a UCLA QB in his post - I just filled in the name.
Did not state anything about his ability - or lack thereof - nor compared him to Wilson, or any other QB.
At first I detailed Rosen's NFL career in my comment that detailed how bad is has been, but deleted it.
A 1st round pick who was traded or released two years in a row when his team picked a QB in the 1st round (2019 Cardinals, 2020 Dolphins).
Since September of 2020 Rosen on the practice squad of four teams (TB, SF, CLE, MIN).
His last game action was two years ago - mop-up duty in four games with the Falcons in 2021.
He currently not with any NFL roster for the 2023 season.

btcutter

Reaction score
That wasn't a high light reel. It's basically every snap Wilson took for the game.

Lot of quick passes to backs and TE. Short routes to WR/TEs. Dallas D will need to be patient and make Wilson drive the field. Make him prove that he can be mistake free for 15 plays. Don't let Jets get chunk plays. D will not get 7 sacks like the Giants game.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I know but if you watch some of the throws, this guy has a pretty good arm and is capable of making some incredible throws. I'm thinking of how we got beat by Sam Darnold a few years ago. He was on the Jets bubble, they had a good D and Amari sat out most of the game. IMO, we got punked by their team. I'm not saying we should fear Zach Wilson, but the team is stacked if he can put it together.
He doesn't lack talent. But their OL is a problem and he has regressed if anything since college (and since my alma mater beat the heck out of him). He is capable of making some plays though. I just think we'll be putting constant pressure on him. I'm more scared of Breece Hall and even Dalvin Cook than anything.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
That wasn't a high light reel. It's basically every snap Wilson took for the game.

Lot of quick passes to backs and TE. Short routes to WR/TEs. Dallas D will need to be patient and make Wilson drive the field. Make him prove that he can be mistake free for 15 plays. Don't let Jets get chunk plays. D will not get 7 sacks like the Giants game.
Yeah, I wanted to show how he played against in a win...you know "prepare for the worst" , which in this case would be him playing winning football. Again, he's no Brock Purdy - can't believe I'm typing this - but he's got tons more ability than Brock Purdy. So, if he gets the keys and Aaron unlocked something...I just don't want him gaining confidence against our defense.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
This. I live in Jersey...worked in NYC. That's precisely where I see him. When I first saw him I thought, this guy has Rodgers like talent. He's not very tall, but he's got a rocket arm and slings the ball side arm. The problem was his ego...he wants it all at once. (The very thing that damned Rodgers on the play that ruptured his achilles...he wouldn't take the first read and got greedy.).

If he learned to run the offense instead of trying to show off his arm and make plays, he could be special. He also has a real opportunity to win the team back. It's not like he was a grown man when he pissed them off...he was a very young man who was trying to be the man. He also has real weapons to rely on...

As Irvin said, this is the time for McCarthy to press down on this team. I do like the fact that everyone - from Jerry, Stephen, to McCarthy - have been very measured in their celebration after this epic, epic thrashing. Maybe Jerry is finally getting it that you don't hand out trophies in week 1?

Aven8

Reaction score
He will be better than he was last week as he will have a full week to prepare as the #1. This won’t be easy because of their D.