Zach Wilson receives ‘character concerns’ label as NFL Draft prospect

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He really is Aaron Rodgers.

Id take him...

Dude obviously works hard.. You don’t acquire that much skill / technique in college by not being a football junkie.

As good as Lawrence is there is no QB in this class with more current skill for the position as of now than Wilson.

Hardline

Reaction score
I'm assuming hes a mormon since he goes to BYU.
I've never met a mormon that has character issues.
Hopefully is Jerry starting those rumors and he falls to us.

waving monkey

Reaction score
He really is Aaron Rodgers.

Id take him...

Dude obviously works hard.. You don’t acquire that much skill / technique in college by not being a football junkie.

As good as Lawrence is there is no QB in this class with more current skill for the position as of now than Wilson.
:lmao2:

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I'm assuming hes a mormon since he goes to BYU.
I've never met a mormon that has character issues.
Hopefully is Jerry starting those rumors and he falls to us.

which really doesn't say much. I'm all for not disparaging someone due to race, religion, gender, etc., but to use it downplay criticism on them that to my knowledge at least, has nothing to do their race, religion, gender, etc. makes just as little sense

reddyuta

Reaction score
i dont buy he is a character concern because his folks are rich.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The rich kid narrative is funny to me.

Johnny Manziel is an entitled brat because he just is. He likes the fame, celebrity, and partying.

The reason Josh Rosen hasn't made it not because he's spoiled and rich. He hasn't made it because A) he's been in bad situations (talent poor Cardinals before Kingsbury, talent poor Dolphins before Flores) or B) he's just not that good.

Peyton Manning outworked (in the film room) every one of his teammates.

Patrick Mahomes any good? His dad made over $2M in his MLB career.

Steve Young (great grandson of Brigham Young), Hall of Famer.

John Elway (his father was a D1 Head Coach), Hall of Famer.

Eli Manning (son of Archie) , 2 Super Bowls.

Nick Foles (his father owns Eddie Vs restaurants), ehh overall but Super Bowl MVP.

Andrew Luck (father is former NFL player Oliver who has a net worth of $10M), pretty good minus the injuries.

All came from money.

If you look at a lot of quarterbacks, they come from affluent families. QB guru's, and almost all these kids have them now, are not cheap.

I say again, Zach will be fine. And if he somehow isn't, it most likely won't be because of his family's money.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
The rich kid narrative is funny to me.

Johnny Manziel is an entitled brat because he just is. He likes the fame, celebrity, and partying.

The reason Josh Rosen hasn't made it not because he's spoiled and rich. He hasn't made it because A) he's been in bad situations (talent poor Cardinals before Kingsbury, talent poor Dolphins before Flores) or B) he's just not that good.

Peyton Manning outworked (in the film room) every one of his teammates.

Patrick Mahomes any good? His dad made over $2M in his MLB career.

Steve Young (great grandson of Brigham Young), Hall of Famer.

John Elway (his father was a D1 Head Coach), Hall of Famer.

Eli Manning (son of Archie) , 2 Super Bowls.

Nick Foles (his father owns Eddie Vs restaurants), ehh overall but Super Bowl MVP.

Andrew Luck (father is former NFL player Oliver who has a net worth of $10M), pretty good minus the injuries.

All came from money.

If you look at a lot of quarterbacks, they come from affluent families. QB guru's, and almost all these kids have them now, are not cheap.

I say again, Zach will be fine. And if he somehow isn't, it most likely won't be because of his family's money.

You can add Tom Brady who’s father made real good money owning an insurance business.

timb2

Reaction score
He looks too much like Johnny from "The Karate Kid" and he looks like those guys the Sportswriter got wedgies from in High School.

tm1119

Reaction score
I’ll wait til I hear it from better sources than walterfootball and some site that has the motto of “Brown Bag It, Baby” (lol)

HungryLion

Reaction score
I could care less about being rich or not.

I do care about “selfish, know it all or not a leader”

Obviously it’s just reports though. So it really depends how accurate those descriptions are.

Bigdog

Reaction score
A fraternity brother of mine father was the CEO of American Airlines at the time I was in college. He was one of the most down to earth kid I have ever known and you wouldn’t have known who is father was unless someone told you. He and another friend flew some place on American but coach. When my friend asked him why are flying coach when your Dad is the CEO of this airline. My frat brother replied was My father is the CEO. I’m not.

John813

Reaction score
Rich parents doesn't mean much.

Rosen also failed cause he really couldn't read/ID a defense.
Ego didn't help either.

But if he has leadership issues, that could sink a team. Don't follow BYU so no clue if that's BS or some hidden info.