Video: Zack Martin 58 in 2017 NFL top 100

silver

Reaction score
Zack is a total beast.
If they wanted him at RT, hed be a Pro Bowler there too.
:flagwave:
I would move him to RT and forget about that position for the next 10 years. Let Collins, Cooper, Looney and Bell, who has Guard experience, fight for the 2 Guards spots.

diefree666

Reaction score
The way I look at this kind of list is down.

Now having said that If I was making it I would start out with what I thought were sure HOF players at each position; then I would rank THEM by how important the position is. So Zack would probably be in the top 20

Actually the list should be constructed by position

For example sure HOF players at each position right now: QB - Brady and Rogers. Brees probably. BUT not certain.
RB: AP at this time.
TE: Witten, Gronk, Antonio Gates
and so on.

The positions more important than guard to me: QB, WR, LT, CB, DE, OLB.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I could absolutely see Dak left off and I, honestly, would not have a problem with that. You pay your dues in life and the NFL is no different. These lists, IMO, are not really worth the the paper they are written on. The NFL is a prove it league and that's every year, every game. I imagine Dak will have to prove it for a season or two more before he starts making these kinds of lists and I imagine he will do that. I have faith in the guy but I also understand how this stuff usually works.

No big deal.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I could absolutely see Dak left off and I, honestly, would not have a problem with that. You pay your dues in life and the NFL is no different. These lists, IMO, are not really worth the the paper they are written on. The NFL is a prove it league and that's every year, every game. I imagine Dak will have to prove it for a season or two more before he starts making these kinds of lists and I imagine he will do that. I have faith in the guy but I also understand how this stuff usually works.

No big deal.
I would have a big problem with the rookie of the year (and a top 10 QB) not being on the list. Dues have nothing to do with it. This isn't the top 100 established players.

It should be a moot point, though, as I recall he was one of the featured players on the TV promo for the list.

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I would have a big problem with the rookie of the year (and a top 10 QB) not being on the list. Dues have nothing to do with it. This isn't the top 100 established players.

It's a moot point, though, as he was one of the featured players on the TV promo for the list.

To each their own. Things like this don't tip the scales for me. They basically mean nothing to me.

Sydla

Reaction score
There better not be more than one guard ahead on him on this list.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
No list can have Todd Gurley at 22 and Ezekiel Elliott, not on the list... Elliott's numbers nearly match Gurley's two year numbers...

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's not even worth a top 100!

jk that was for Trouty:)

He may be the best technical G I've ever seen.