Twitter: Zack Martin & Cam Erving to miss multiple weeks

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Actually rechecked game log it was only 1 other call that cost us so only 14 pts off stupid decisions may or may not have mattered you just don’t know how a game is going to progress every decision matters

that said within the context of our original conversations it’s all of the things that keep costing the cowboys injuries, bad calls , questionable coaching decisions, no preseason , new system in my opinion all of those things are why we sit at 3-8

our talent on defense has to get better or this will continue . It’s been like this since Romo and this year is on pace to eclipse his historically bad defense of 2008 or maybe it was 2013 I’ll have to look it up going off memory here

Other then say the fake punt on 3 points, you cant really blame the calls on a defense just caving in every time. Defense was getting mauled late in the game. It wouldnt have mattered if they were 30 yards out or 70 yards out. They couldnt stop anyone.

Defense, we all agree. And thats EXACTLY why you need to start rooting for losses so we have our pick of the first defensive player off the board come the draft. Whether thats a linebacker, corner, DL, ect...ect.... And you certainly want to grab one of those guys that just falls out of the first round on day #2 at the top of the 2nd round.

The higher the pick, the more options to trade back. If we get a top 5 pick we may be able to trade back to 10, still pick up a great corner and get an extra 2nd round pick for our troubles. Now you are talking about a top 10 pick, and two high 2nd rounders. Now you are talking 3 day one starters.

Starterting to get excited yet? Start rooting for losses. Its not like 1/3 of these clowns including Dalton are going to be on this team or have a major role past this year. What do you care if the guy gets beat up or throws 3 picks? Its not a reflection of what next years team is really going to be like anyway.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ya when it works it’s great when it don’t well you see what type impact it has or can have.

I like the call beyond the 50 even though with zeke running the way he was it may have been more sensical to run him outside the guards anyway don’t matter now. I feel like it was a momentum shifter

Momentum shifts are big and I wont argue that. The fake punt definitely deflated defense. But lest be honest..........they suck anyway. And if these clowns get deflated and give up, then its more proof we need to replace them. Ok.......back to drafting high as a big need. Losses=better team next year.

starfan1

Reaction score
Other then say the fake punt on 3 points, you cant really blame the calls on a defense just caving in every time. Defense was getting mauled late in the game. It wouldnt have mattered if they were 30 yards out or 70 yards out. They couldnt stop anyone.

Defense, we all agree. And thats EXACTLY why you need to start rooting for losses so we have our pick of the first defensive player off the board come the draft. Whether thats a linebacker, corner, DL, ect...ect.... And you certainly want to grab one of those guys that just falls out of the first round on day #2 at the top of the 2nd round.

The higher the pick, the more options to trade back. If we get a top 5 pick we may be able to trade back to 10, still pick up a great corner and get an extra 2nd round pick for our troubles. Now you are talking about a top 10 pick, and two high 2nd rounders. Now you are talking 3 day one starters.

Starterting to get excited yet? Start rooting for losses. Its not like 1/3 of these clowns including Dalton are going to be on this team or have a major role past this year. What do you care if the guy gets beat up or throws 3 picks? Its not a reflection of what next years team is really going to be like anyway.
Lol last game and the injury to Zack and Erving moved the needle for me from rooting for wins to not caring if they lose. I don’t know if the cowboy brass is wise enough to utilize the top picks effectively anyhow

I don’t have it in me to root for a loss

starfan1

Reaction score
Momentum shifts are big and I wont argue that. The fake punt definitely deflated defense. But lest be honest..........they suck anyway. And if these clowns get deflated and give up, then its more proof we need to replace them. Ok.......back to drafting high as a big need. Losses=better team next year.
That’s fair

Aven8

Reaction score
Washington’s Dline is not going anywhere folks.

Carson

Reaction score
Washington’s Dline is not going anywhere folks.

Maybe not now. But they all cannot stay on rookie deals.

Allen and Payne are FA in 2022. Going to change a lot when these guys need paid

They have Payne, Allen, Sweat, Young, Anderson, Settle to name a few. It helps when you don't have to pay them yet.

If we get Sewell we should counter them with a healthy front 5 of Smith Sewell Biadasz Martin Collins. Not too hard to abuse our 4th string tackles

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Put them on ir for the rest of the year. Be done with this messed up season.

plymkr

Reaction score
Hell, just shut them down.......

That's FOUR tackles lost or missed significant playing time this season....2020 can't end fast enough
I agree 100%. Shut down Martin before he gets injured more seriously. This year is a wash so let's just cut our losses and get it over with. Personally I'd like to start GG over Dalton. Let's see what GG can do and if he could be a reliable backup to Dak. We know what we have in Dalton. Let's learn about GG.