Zack Martin Dishes On Changes With Solari, McCarthy

Hardline

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas — Mandatory minicamp kicked off on Tuesday morning as the entirety of the Cowboys roster was in attendance for the team activities, including eight-time Pro Bowler Zack Martin who was working mainly on the sideline throughout the day.
Martin leads an offensive line group for the Cowboys that has some solidified pieces in multiple spots, but also some question marks in others, but he has continued to reaffirm the importance of new offensive line coach Mike Solari in the room and what he has been able to bring to bridge the gap with the group.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/...-zLMiL5ZEjpsa7G0cBa3rtuJJZ1CFWxoT4EutZKZQHki8

Rayman70

Reaction score
Read the article. Zack understands we need physicality and thats where we need it, at the trenches. Thats where games are won and lost late. MM understands as does solari.They have a winning coaching record. I trust the coaching. Folks luv to whine about MM but truth is, he is exactly what we needed. He brings consistency in his coaching. He is a SB winning HC and he delegates duties where needed. Its a great mix. Zack is saying this essentially. This game isnt complicated. Running the ball well is key. We will find out if we have the right guys at rb to implement what Zack is talking about. Dak and the offense will go how the run game goes'

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"I'm sure we'll do different combinations all the way through," he said. "That's in our history the last few years and it can really help our o-line. It's hard to keep all five guys on the field for 17 games. Those different combinations we're working with will really help us."
And that's why it doesn't matter who lines up where in May or June.

Rayman70

Reaction score
And that's why it doesn't matter who lines up where in May or June.
in the end, barring a injury, the best 5 will be lined up. It will be Tyron,Tyler,TB,Zack, Steele. The question will be, who is the swing guard and tackle? I am thinking Edoga or Richards at swing tackle, and farniok will be the swing guard.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas — Mandatory minicamp kicked off on Tuesday morning as the entirety of the Cowboys roster was in attendance for the team activities, including eight-time Pro Bowler Zack Martin who was working mainly on the sideline throughout the day.
Martin leads an offensive line group for the Cowboys that has some solidified pieces in multiple spots, but also some question marks in others, but he has continued to reaffirm the importance of new offensive line coach Mike Solari in the room and what he has been able to bring to bridge the gap with the group.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/...-zLMiL5ZEjpsa7G0cBa3rtuJJZ1CFWxoT4EutZKZQHki8
The offensive line looked different on Tuesday than what was thrown up front during OTAs as Tyron Smith was slotted back into his usual fit at left tackle while Tyler Smith was moved inside to left guard.​

Sense has arrived.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Zack understands we need physicality and thats where we need it,
that's a fantastic statement. but i need to see Zack dominating most players. don't tell me, show me.

also, we have lost out to more physical teams for a number of years now. haven't they said this every off season?

this time of year I really get tired of all the talk when it's been so long since we've backed it up.

ESisback

Reaction score
The thread's title is confusing. Saying someone is "dishing on changes" makes it seem Zack Martin is unhappy with the changes with the starting Oline lineup which is furthest from the truth.
Or maybe dishing means enthusiastic or excited.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

T-RO

Reaction score
What does dishing mean?

to gossip about

Slang. to gossip about: They talked all night, dishing their former friends. Slang. to defeat; frustrate; cheat. SEE MORE. Slang. to talk together informally, especially, to gossip.
https://www.dictionary.com › browse

Dish Definition & Meaning - Dictionary.com

Sorry, bro. The dictionary definition of "dishing" says something different.
"Dishing" does not mean criticizing or talking negatively about something.

think of it like a waiter...who is dishing out plates and utensils. Then think of someone doing that verbally on a topic.

Term is similar in basketball...a point guard who "dishes" out assists.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If healthy our line is as good as the Eagles. Tyron, Tyler, Badciz, Martin and Steele can be a problem for opposing defenses. For some reason I think this board is scared of Philly and think they are the 2007 Patriots.

Rayman70

Reaction score
that's a fantastic statement. but i need to see Zack dominating most players. don't tell me, show me.

also, we have lost out to more physical teams for a number of years now. haven't they said this every off season?

this time of year I really get tired of all the talk when it's been so long since we've backed it up.
very true. Talkin about it is different than doing it.

Flamma

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me the purpose of this mandatory minicamp this early in June? What do they do?

T-RO

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me the purpose of this mandatory minicamp this early in June? What do they do?
The focus will continue to be on "installments". Learning new plays, schemes. Focusing on techniques.

Anything you hear out of any camp about players "winning reps" or impressing prior to 2nd week of training camp is just marketing-hype. There's very little contact. No real tackling. The goal is just to learn.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Instill the basic offense and defense schemes. For all the players to be on the same page as to the philosophy. To build team chemistry.
To try out different combination. See what players pick up different things as well, how fast they can learn.

shabazz

Reaction score
Read the article. Zack understands we need physicality and thats where we need it, at the trenches. Thats where games are won and lost late. MM understands as does solari.They have a winning coaching record. I trust the coaching. Folks luv to whine about MM but truth is, he is exactly what we needed. He brings consistency in his coaching. He is a SB winning HC and he delegates duties where needed. Its a great mix. Zack is saying this essentially. This game isnt complicated. Running the ball well is key. We will find out if we have the right guys at rb to implement what Zack is talking about. Dak and the offense will go how the run game goes'
I hear what you’re laying down about MM and his knowledge of the game

what hurts his look is the optics of being lackadaisical and passive. No intensity on the sideline like a Cowher, Peyton, Bellicek, etc etc.

it’s not a fair way to judge because we all remember the stoic demeanor of Landry, but the fans want to see a HC go ballistic every now and than when a horrendous game changing call is made by the zebras and in other situations…….MM just appears to be hands off and more of a spectator rather than a participant