Zack Martin Dishes On Changes With Solari, McCarthy

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear what you’re laying down about MM and his knowledge of the game

what hurts his look is the optics of being lackadaisical and passive. No intensity on the sideline like a Cowher, Peyton, Bellicek, etc etc.

it’s not a fair way to judge because we all remember the stoic demeanor of Landry, but the fans want to see a HC go ballistic every now and than when a horrendous game changing call is made by the zebras and in other situations…….MM just appears to be hands off and more of a spectator rather than a participant
So Tom did not go berzerk on the sidelines and that was ok, but when MM does not, that is not ok? Not sure if that is what you are saying or not.

Do players get fired up, if a coach coach on a rampage? Some fans may like it, but to some does it really matter?
It does not matter to me. But I get it, it would be good to see now and then, maybe not a rampage, but show some emotion now and then.

shabazz

Reaction score
So Tom did not go berzerk on the sidelines and that was ok, but when MM does not, that is not ok? Not sure if that is what you are saying or not.

Do players get fired up, if a coach coach on a rampage? Some fans may like it, but to some does it really matter?
It does not matter to me. But I get it, it would be good to see now and then, maybe not a rampage, but show some emotion now and then.
I was making the point that it’s not fair to judge MM based on his lack of outward passion, because we all know that calm and composed can get it done

my other point was that the OPTICS of MM a being laid back and seemingly detached makes him viewed in a lesser light. It’s just the way it is.

Weve heard it for years now. Remember Wade Philips style being referred to as Camp Cupcake?

Again, It’s not me agreeing with it. It’s just how many of the fans see it and when an NFC Championship game can’t even be reached, some will point to the HCs lack of fire and determination at holding the players accountable like a Belicik would

Sydla

Reaction score
The thread's title is confusing. Saying someone is "dishing on changes" makes it seem Zack Martin is unhappy with the changes with the starting Oline lineup which is furthest from the truth.
Ehhhh I read it as "dishing" meaning he was giving an inside look at what was happening. Dishing doesn't always have negative connotations.

T-RO

Reaction score
Ok, wow, I didn't know they did that this early.
And there is HOMEWORK...for months.

People who think the NFL isn't complicated, I'll just spit this:
Green Right X Shift to Viper Right 382 X Stick Lookie
BREAK

Which could have 24 variations, and might be adjusted via audible. Got it? o_O

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Martin is a stone cold 1st ballot lock but when did you ever see any OL torch the new coaches coming in? Especially an OL.

I really don't pay much attention to anything these players say because few are going to speak candidly and they shouldn't. Martin is a leader and has to be careful with anything he says.

And AC is right, the headline is totally misleading, dishes is a negative, as in dish it out.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Zack was getting tossed around vs san fran. Nobody touches that though
Unfortunately Martin is in the waning period of his career, couple of injuries and older so he is declining , even though he is still one of the better guards .
Cowboys have been a finesse team for decades , and physical teams give us trouble if we are not leading from the start and running up scores.
Recent years when we were physical -the 2008 OL but even that OL couldnt do it all game and Giants D made Romos life difficult in the 2nd half , we ending up losing ( one of Elis miracle post seasons)

Then when Fredbeard was here and Tyron/ Martin was in prime , we had a good OL. Unfortunately our D under Marinelli ( Griffin) sucked , bend bend and finally break.

this year I am not sold on the OL but hope they will put in the best five and hope that is good enough.

ESisback

Reaction score
What does dishing mean?

to gossip about

Slang. to gossip about: They talked all night, dishing their former friends. Slang. to defeat; frustrate; cheat. SEE MORE. Slang. to talk together informally, especially, to gossip.
https://www.dictionary.com › browse

Dish Definition & Meaning - Dictionary.com

Sorry, bro. The dictionary definition of "dishing" says something different.
In this context it meant “talked excitedly about”. He’s enthused! But of course, it’s more titillating to twist it into something negative. This forum thrives on that.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Martin is smart and knows what to say and what not to say. Typical early offseason quotes. Really didn't say anything other than toeing the party line.

ESisback

Reaction score
I hear what you’re laying down about MM and his knowledge of the game

what hurts his look is the optics of being lackadaisical and passive. No intensity on the sideline like a Cowher, Peyton, Bellicek, etc etc.

it’s not a fair way to judge because we all remember the stoic demeanor of Landry, but the fans want to see a HC go ballistic every now and than when a horrendous game changing call is made by the zebras and in other situations…….MM just appears to be hands off and more of a spectator rather than a participant
Once again, the faction that wants a screaming drill sergeant is very vocal about a subdued personality, especially when it doesn’t provide SBs to strut about at the watercooler. They need something/somebody to blame.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Martin is a stone cold 1st ballot lock but when did you ever see any OL torch the new coaches coming in? Especially an OL.

I really don't pay much attention to anything these players say because few are going to speak candidly and they shouldn't. Martin is a leader and has to be careful with anything he says.

And AC is right, the headline is totally misleading, dishes is a negative, as in dish it out.
I don’t at all take “dishes” as anything negative. In this context, I’ve always just took it to mean talking about.

Maybe some people are thinking of “disses”?

I don’t know. But I’ve never even seen dishes used as a negative anywhere.

ESisback

Reaction score
I don’t at all take “dishes” as anything negative. In this context, I’ve always just took it to mean talking about.

Maybe some people are thinking of “disses”?

I don’t know. But I’ve never even seen dishes used as a negative anywhere.
AC implied the thread title, “dishing on changes”, meant Martin was unhappy about it. I argued that he was enthusiastic—excitedly talking about new plans. “Dishing” means giving details.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
AC implied the thread title, “dishing on changes”, meant Martin was unhappy about it. I argued that he was enthusiastic—excitedly talking about new plans. “Dishing” means giving details.
Yeah, I’ve never heard it used negatively in any way.

Maybe people are thinking of “disses”? That definitely is a negative.

ESisback

Reaction score

Disagree. Martin usually doesn’t say much. When he does, people notice. If it was negative, would he vocalize it? Dishing means giving details, and he already alluded to a different feel under Solari.

Negativity is the predominant reflex reaction on this forum.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
With Schooner's injury, this further irritates me about passing on a real guard in the draft.

shabazz

Reaction score
Once again, the faction that wants a screaming drill sergeant is very vocal about a subdued personality, especially when it doesn’t provide SBs to strut about at the watercooler. They need something/somebody to blame.
Is rather blame the quarterback, when we can't score more than 1 Td

ESisback

Reaction score
Is rather blame the quarterback, when we can't score more than 1 Td
Bad game from QB + a few questionable play calls + patchwork OL + depleted WR group + an opponent with a top 5 defense = 10-12 points.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score