Twitter: Zack Martin feels confident he will get a new contract from the Cowboys

Knotamus

Reaction score
Oh Dallas is ab to break the bank and make Martin the highest paid Gaurd in football.. but if anyone is worth it, it’s Zach. Being an All-Pro every year you’ve been in the league, he’s earned that right. Of everybody that Dallas has thrown money at in the past.. Zach is easily a no brainer. Just get it done already.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Both sides want a deal, and we've got the money. It's going to get done sooner or later.

GMO415

Reaction score
Don't give a good damn about his "feelings". You're under contract to play so just STHU and play!

These candy arse mellinials care about "feelings" but real men can give two shhhh about them.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I am pretty sure he knows more than we do about it.
I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get him a contract this year. If you're going to pay a guy the top salary for his position, you're better off just franchising him and actually getting a discount thereby.

If we don't sign him this year, we franchise him the next. And again maybe the following year. There's no need to give him a big signing bonus if we have to pay him at franchise tag rates anyway.

dwreck27

Reaction score
I’m thinking he thought the cowboys would ask him to write a blank check... cowboys are wanting to get something of a hometown discount...

It’ll happen just have to ***** the numbers around

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get him a contract this year. If you're going to pay a guy the top salary for his position, you're better off just franchising him and actually getting a discount thereby.

If we don't sign him this year, we franchise him the next. And again maybe the following year. There's no need to give him a big signing bonus if we have to pay him at franchise tag rates anyway.
On what planet do you think Franchising an OG is getting a discount

It is paying the Top LT rate for a RG and it is all paid for upfront

It is the exact opposite of a discount.....it is paying a premium penalty for not getting a long term deal

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Zach will get his pay day. He's the best G in the NFL. It will be here or somewhere else. I'm sure he would prefer it's here. I would too. Zach and I have one thing in common, we don't control the purse strings of the DC

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
On what planet do you think Franchising an OG is getting a discount

It is paying the Top LT rate for a RG and it is all paid for upfront
I didn't know they didn't break down the oline by positions. That's just weird. There's such a gap between the payscale for interior linemen and tackles. The largest position unit on the team, and they're the ones not broken up. Weird.

lockster

Reaction score
These players wanting to be paid the highest is not only selfish imo. But shortsighted. If you take all themoney. Then , what happens? Many other good players wind up getting let go. Hard to win superbowl that way. Brady knows this, and took a pay cut and it paid off. John least did the same, and it paid off. The qbs that realize this .will have a better o line, te, rb, and wrs around them. How many million does s person need ? Most ppl. Never make 1m. In a lifetime. That's not being a total team player imo. I'd rather be paid less so others can stay and get paid too. And maybe win a superbowl.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pay the guy. The offensive lineman on a football team are like the 4 walls and roof of your house. It all starts there.

Stupid money for a position you can cover with a no 3 pick and a good offline coach!

Get some defense and let Martin get rich elsewhere!

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
If dallas doesnt want to pay the best guard in the NFL 14-16 mil a year they better get something out of him. Better not just let him go for free next year. Not like they're going for a Lombardi this year anyway.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If dallas doesnt want to pay the best guard in the NFL 14-16 mil a year they better get something out of him. Better not just let him go for free next year. Not like they're going for a Lombardi this year anyway.

OMG 14-16 Million for a NON-Playmaker G....ouch!!!

About the Wall of Dallas ask Denver and all the 8 in box defenses how effective those millions invested will be???

Get DEFENSE!!!! And let Martin WALK!