Twitter: Zack Martin Open To Moving to Right Tackle

conner01

Reaction score
I have always thought he would do what was ask of him
But I’d let this week play out before I weakened the inside
If Steele can be solid then no reason to weaken the inside and it’s much easier to help the RT than inside

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Just get the best 5 offensive lineman on the field and call it a day

That would be too logical.

I mean.. Why would you want to put a better Tackle on Joey Bosa when you could just go with Steele and hope for the best.

Good luck Cowboys. Hopefully they can overcome this decision because they are risking something that they don’t have to.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There's a certain arrogance here that just seems off.....you shouldn't have to be asked to play RT. You're a BEAST. One of the best in the league. You tell them what you are willing to do you don't wait and have them suggest it to you. Time for the leaders and the playmakers to step up.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's more doing the line calls

So, he feels more comfortable protecting the inside gap, than outside? I bet he feels it's way more important to protect[Dak] up the middle than outside

Edit; important = comfortable?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
ZM isn’t a swing T.

imho, this should have been fixed in the draft.

So here we are.

Carson

Reaction score
ZM isn’t a swing T.

So here we are.
I think given the circumstances is would be the best move.

McGovern showed he can play in this league. It gets your 5 best OL on the field and keeps Steele off of it

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Tyron-Williams-Biadasz-McGovern-Martin is our best group with Collins out.

But that Collins quote still sounds like he doesn’t want to do it whatsoever.

blueblood70

Reaction score
ZM isn’t a swing T.

So here we are.
Neither of our swing tackles have done anything to lose their jobs at this point..stop crying we heard you the other 56 times you’ve said that...

TY or Steele should given every opportunity to do the job they were in camp for all offseason..if thy both fail then you move Martin over in a pinch..

No we shouldn’t have drafted a high OL lets chill on thi until it becomes real issues neither of our OL is hurt its coved caused them to miss or suspensions that once again are puzzling. We need the defense to play better so the offense doesnt have to drop 30 to win.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Great idea. The middle is going to get used. But at least the Tackles will be decent.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Imagine thinking you have a choice as a player.

Hey Zack...you're playing RT or you're inactive until you do.

That simple.
Thats on teams that arent run by Jerry and Stephen. I was telling my wife the other day watching Hard Knocks. When they were going thru final cuts. There is absolutely NO REASON Jerry and Stephen should be sitting in on the coaches meetings about players like that and weighing in.

CowboyMort

Reaction score
I am guessing that they will try Steele to start the Chargers game. If things go south, Martin pops out to RT.

SexyDexy52

Reaction score
I feel last year as well as now, his reluctance to moving to RT is just like Jason Peters when he was brought back to play guard for the Eagles and didn't want to play T because he was being paid as a G, he ultimately moved over to T.

I feel like ZM is doing the same thing but just isn't saying it like JP did because he is aware of how bad it sounds. So instead he just says all this wishy-washy stuff.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
We have players deciding/choosing whats best for them because the owner empowers it.

How old is jerry again?