Twitter: Zack Martin Open To Moving to Right Tackle

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Coaches need to put their foot down.

It's clear Zack Martin personally doesn't want to play Right Tackle. Too bad.

The coaches need to tell him to zip it and simply do as he's told. Everyone knows it would be best to have Martin at Right Tackle with Connor McGovern filling his spot at Right Guard, than it would be to keep Martin happy at Right Guard while placing either Steele or Nsekhe at Right Tackle.

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So you’re good with Steele or Nyseke at right tackle?
I would try Steele and if it hit the fan, move Martin out if it got ugly. Williams is awful and the only reason it's not obvious to everyone is because Smith is next to him. Just my opinion, Williams is the weakest link.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I would try Steele and if it hit the fan, move Martin out if it got ugly. Williams is awful and the only reason it's not obvious to everyone is because Smith is next to him. Just my opinion, Williams is the weakest link.
NO

steele to TY to martin

we need to see who can do their jobs first ,Martin will be moved in an emergency like last year but i believe players whould be given a shot to do their jobs..we have TYn and Steele as backup tackles and need chance to show what they practiced for all off-season..:starspin:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I agree with you if it’s about the start five with Collins. But with him out, I think it’s then about right tackle and Steele and Nyseke being worse than Williams.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I'm not saying he can't do it but I'm not sure why so many people are completely confident he can just roll out there & dominate. I mean, he has only done it on a very limited sample size in the NFL.

I also tend to think you have guys on the roster for this situation. Not sure it's time to bail on the plan even though it could go badly against Bosa.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty sure McCarthy was a bit more open to the idea yesterday as well. Seems like the conversations are going on to make the move behind closed doors. Hopefully they pull the trigger.

Cut him!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I agree with you if it’s about the start five with Collins. But with him out, I think it’s then about right tackle and Steele and Nyseke being worse than Williams.
I tend to think some people place too much emphasis on right tackle with a right handed QB.
**THIS DOESN'T MEAN IT'S NOT IMPORTANT!!!** - For those that will jump on my case.

So moving our best linemen outside and Smith on the opposite, I don't have a lot of confidents on the middle with Williams-Bladasz-McGovern. But it will be fun to see how things go.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Reactive organization...........can't remember the last time we were ahead of a situation....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
ZM isn’t a swing T.

imho, this should have been fixed in the draft.

So here we are.
You essentially pay him to do whatever you need him to do to win. Its not really fair to the team honestly. They fixed the line in the draft so that they could have the option to put their 5 best linemen out there.