News: Zack Martin to IR

rockj7

Reaction score
So basically a forfeit of the rest of the games.. Oh well.. a top 5 draft pick it is then.. May as well sit Zeke the rest of the season as well. It will give us all a chance to bask in the greatness of Tony Pollard and Andy Dalton.

Hasn't Zeke been sitting out most of the year already anyway. Im sorry its been a long year 2019 seems like it was 4 years ago.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Think about the offensive line last year and now this year. Are there any starters left?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Welp....I will go ahead and say the obvious.....the guy is 30. His best days are behind him.....I would seriously look to trade him in the off season. He's not the same player he was 2-3 years ago. Seems to always be hurt....even if he plays through it. One of the most over-rated players we have....:rolleyes:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
why does this feel like at least half our starters went on IR this year?

Might be true.

There's a difference for IR this year, though. You only have to miss 3 games before you're eligible to come back, and there is no limit to the number of times we can bring back players from IR.

So lots of guys are going on IR who would have just stuck on the roster in years past.

Martin going on IR doesn't mean he is done for the season, though I don't see much mileage in bringing him back either. He doesn't need the snaps, and McGovern does.

#TeamTank

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Zack and Tyron have both been good soldiers throughout their careers, playing banged up throughout many games. Linemen like they have been eventually break down and require sufficient time for their bodies to heal. I imagine they'd both be fortunate to sit out the rest of the year to allow that to happen. It's not likely we'll be competing for a playoff spot at this juncture, anyway. o_O

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Big loss for whoever lines up at QB.

Easily the best player on the team. Regardless of what Jerry says.

Who would have imagined last year a season where Frederick retired and Smith, Martin and Collins all ended up on IR?

If you had told me that and asked me how Dallas would fare, my answer would have been something similar to what we're seeing this year.

robertfchew

Reaction score
why does this feel like at least half our starters went on IR this year?

cause they did and nobody take that into account. Imagine losing 4 tackles 2 centers a qb and still thinking the rb with questionable motivation but elite talent will still thrive. Throw Henry, cook, Chubb on this team and they’re duds as well.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dalton's hope with Martin out...
giphy.gif