News: Zack Martin to IR

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
So if he plays two meaningless games at the end of the season he's all-pro, but if he doesn't he's not?

I'd like to think Martin is smarter than that and doesn't risk further injury.

Martin has wasted a HoF career on a 2-3 playoff resume and been arguably the best Cowboy on the roster every year since he was drafted.

I see your point but if he wants to go try and lock up another personal accolade, then he deserves the opportunity. Lord knows we won't likely give him any team accomplishments.

Tussinman

Reaction score
So if he plays two meaningless games at the end of the season he's all-pro, but if he doesn't he's not?
Yes exactly. He's only played 10 games but 2 of those where partial. He has to play the final 2 if he wants all-pro

dunno....would you come back and risk injury with a 3-11 team?
Organization being a joke is even more reason for him to play. The rest of his career is basically just him padding his hall of fame credientals. He plays one of the hardest positions to make Canton so if he feels healthy enough to play the final 2 games he 100% will, especially when those 2 games gurantee him another 1st team all-pro

Motorola

Reaction score
Seems like more serious OLine players injuries across the league this season.
Slightly off topic...anyone see that injury to the Texas olineman Derek Kerstetter on Saturday? It was similar to that suffered by Dak.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
why does this feel like at least half our starters went on IR this year?

Offensive players that have started games and spent time on IR

Dak
Martin
T-Smith
L. Collins
Looney
Biadasz
Knight
Jarwin

Tussinman

Reaction score
Martin has wasted a HoF career on a 2-3 playoff resume and been arguably the best Cowboy on the roster every year since he was drafted.

I see your point but if he wants to go try and lock up another personal accolade, then he deserves the opportunity. Lord knows we won't likely give him any team accomplishments.
100% this. Martin isn't an idiot, he knows his career has been wasted and that he's basically playing for a shot at Canton right now.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Seems like more serious OLine players injuries across the league this season.
Slightly off topic...anyone see that injury to the Texas olineman Derek Kerstetter on Saturday? It was similar to that suffered by Dak.
Yes, I saw that....and I cried again just thinking back to what happened to Dak!!

Bigdog

Reaction score
Offensive players that have started games and spent time on IR

Dak
Martin
T-Smith
L. Collins
Looney
Biadasz
Knight
Jarwin
I don't think L Collins ever started a game this year.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think he would want to play if he's healthy. The competitive nature in him wouldn't want to sit it out, if he can play. Unless, the Garrett and Jerrah CC atmosphere has ruined him.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
can we at least go 3-13 please? we need that top 3 pick to get a quality player on the o-line.
It's going to be really hard to lose to the Bengals. Maybe another couple of key starter injuries would get us somewhat down to their level but I can't see it happening.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Zeke isn't injured, Martin is injured. Difference.

As one who has carried the football into the mass of humanity known as the line of scrimmage and been tackled for a few weeks in a row I assure you Zeke is banged up.. and won't NOT be banged up until around May or June. Especially if you take into account the lack of blocking he has been getting on most of his carries. He also tweaked a hammie 3-4 weeks ago. If you ever had one of those you know they don't fully heal until you can rest about 4-5 weeks either. Depending on severity of course. But practicing and playing football makes it worse, not better. That thing will be tender the rest of this season. I was only half kidding anyway.. Football players play football.. Zeke will play as long as his body will let him.. and Zack will be back the instant his body will let him. It's not just what they do.. it's who they are.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Good. Let the big man heal 100%. Not like Dallas is going anywhere. Move on already!

plymkr

Reaction score
Good. I feel this is actually good news. I don't see any point in playing our best player in a lost season and risking a more serious injury like a torn Achilles or ACL. If Martin got I hired like that in these last meaningless games and had to miss time next year then that would be horrible. We need as many healthy offensive linemen to be ready to go at the start of next year.

Really sucks for this year and it's a huge loss but this season really sucks and this season is a huge loss. Let's just get through these last couple games without major injuries.

aria

Reaction score
So basically a forfeit of the rest of the games.. Oh well.. a top 5 draft pick it is then.. May as well sit Zeke the rest of the season as well. It will give us all a chance to bask in the greatness of Tony Pollard and Andy Dalton.
Hey been sitting all season.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Zeke isn't injured, Martin is injured. Difference.
Zeke has had bad hammies all year non-stop.

That's not injured or affected his play?

Frankly it's only becuz Zeke knows his body that he hasn't torn his hammies yet.

It's always strange to me how much people can watch but not really see something right in front of them.

If Troy Aikman does not mention it during a broadcast..

some fans will never figure anything out in the NFL. Madden was like that.

Unless he added his "biff" and "pow" to a topic as the arbiter of truth..

Nobody thought otherwise.

I often disagree with Aikman on his broadcasts. He comes off as pompous to me.

You?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dallas started out with 10 offensive lineman on the 53 to start the season. 7 of them are on IR.