Twitter: Zack Martin welcomes John Ridgeway to the NFL

John813

Reaction score
Was pretty interesting seeing #54 give Ridge a little nudge.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Martin is the type of player that can plant his feet and not give way. Ridgeway was still able to push through Martin, so Martin just spun him. But don't fool yourselves, Ridgeway was in the back field before Martin spun him. Ridgeway got some push on that play. And if the play was designed to hit the gap Ridgeway was attacking.... It would have been a tackle for a loss.

But Martin, being the player that he is, knew which way the play was going and stop Ridgeway from getting to that side. So if you ask me, both guys done their jobs.

Last edited:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Nothing. I did HEAR leon lett say Bohanna was looking good and he's in his second year. He's always had a leg up on Ridgeway. It's not like Ridgeways college tape was impressive. And Bohanna beat Tyler Smith in a drill as well.
Gotcha

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Ridgeway was still able to push through Martin, so Martin just spun him. But don't fool yourselves, Ridgeway was in the back field before Martin spun him. Ridgeway got some push on that play. And if the play was designed to hit the gap Ridgeway was attacking

I admit that the video quality when I play it is very fuzzy during the play so I can't see a lot of detail but the fact that Ridgeway ends up 3-4 yards into the backfield is not my definition of giving the rook the business.

I think you nailed it. Penetration that just happened to not be where the play was designed to go.

RS12

Reaction score
I've only seen one player put Zack on skates: Suh in his Lions days, and that was on one play.

bewp7

Reaction score
dont fell bad he do that to much better player then you john

terra

Reaction score
A real pro like Martin will use the defensive players moves against him which is what happened here. Since Martin knew where the play was going he let the kid run as far as he wanted the other way.

Martin was supposed to penetrate and he did; but that was because Martin LET HIM.